Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you feel...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 1:55 AM
  • 22 Replies
If your child told you they were gay/lesbian? I for one would be shocked and not nessacerily estatic about it. But I would still love my child unconditionally and be so proud of them for being themselves. I look at my 4 and a half month old and hope all the time that when she is older she'll be able to tell me whatever she wants to and hope she is never ashamed of who she is or what she believes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chuckydoodle
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 2:01 AM
Having had these discussions with a teenage daughter when she began questioning sexuality in general. I have to admit I was shocked by my reaction. I always considered myself okay with anything but I was frightened immediately by even the thought of my daughter being lesbian.

Not out of disgust but out of fear that she might suffer at the hands or mouths of others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMMY2ACR
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 2:05 AM
I agree. I'd hate for my daughter to have people be mean to her bc she doesn't "fit in", but I would never want her to be anything less than her true self. I was thinking abt this bc I just saw a preview for a new dr.Phil and it was a young girl "living a lie" and all she wanted was acceptance and understanding from her parents and I think she was talking about being a lesbian.

Quoting Chuckydoodle:

Having had these discussions with a teenage daughter when she began questioning sexuality in general. I have to admit I was shocked by my reaction. I always considered myself okay with anything but I was frightened immediately by even the thought of my daughter being lesbian.

Not out of disgust but out of fear that she might suffer at the hands or mouths of others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom36
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Love is love...I rather my child fall in love with the same sex,than being miserable by hiding in the closet

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 14, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I was raised by my mom, who is a lesbian, and her partner.  While they aren't together anymore, I've had to think about it, if my kid says to me that he's gay.... I'm like, Ok, so what?  It's just natural to me, I guess....

MOMMY2ACR
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 2:13 AM
And by the way you were raised I'm betting that you are a lot more open minded than others. Which is a good quality especially these days.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was raised by my mom, who is a lesbian, and her partner.  While they aren't together anymore, I've had to think about it, if my kid says to me that he's gay.... I'm like, Ok, so what?  It's just natural to me, I guess....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chuckydoodle
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I was also raised by two women and have no problem with the lifestyle im even a republican. But thinking you will do something one way and than facing it are completely different.

Ofcourse I would love and cherish my girls no matter what but that does add the worry on a bit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2011 at 2:15 AM
I'd be overwhelmed at first, but after the initial shock wore off I would just remember that no matter I want them to be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaxkitty
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 2:15 AM

I would love him always, gay or straight.

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I won't lie, sometimes when I see some tranny's with their makeup and hair and silicone boobs, and all the things they do just for shock value,I say in my head "I really hope my kid doesn;t end up like that".  But, having said that, if he were to tell me he was gay, I would be shocked at first. Really, who wouldn't?! Unless u had suspected so for many years. But, after the initial shock wore off,it would be no big deal. I have gay cousins, friends, coworkers; it's nothing that I'm offended by. Like u, I just wouldn;t want him to be bullied or be the victim of a hate crime. But I would absolutely love my son just the same.

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 2:18 AM
We have multiple close friends that are very openly not straight, and I'm bi, so it wouldnt be a big deal in our house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)