Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I believe in evolution and I believed in it even when I hardcore believed in Jesus.

Posted by   + Show Post

I grew up Mormon and I hated evolution as much as most Christians (I even wrote EVOLUTION IS A LIE on my high school desk because my teacher was pro evolution and we spent more time on it than any other subject) but as I started studying things I started to believe. How can Christians not believe? How do you know God didn't in his 7 days use the evolutionary process to create the world and everything on it? God can make time last as long or short as he wants. How do we know that those 7 days weren't 7 days God's time and not 7 days our time? Evolution is a very good possibility and even as a Christian I couldn't put my blinders on to that fact. I am no longer Christian but when I discuss evolution with my Christian friends and family they can't dispute me once I bring up God's time because we simply DO NOT KNOW. The Bible doesn't say exactly how it was all done. It just said God did it. The earth could be as old as scientists claim because maybe it did take God that many human years.

Just food for thought. Don't bash I just would like to see people's opinions and thoughts on this.

by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
.Angel.Eyes.
by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 4:45 PM

It's not my opinion, it's the truth. It is all clearly stated in the Word of God. I am not God, I didn't not write the Bible. I am not condemning you to hell. It is you and only you who condemns yourself. God gives you a choice, free will and tells you how to find Him, but you refuse to see the truth - The truth which sets you free.

I was on topic, another drifted me. I was answering another in your post, too bad.

Quoting kiaras_mommy:

Thanks for your OPINION as I said I agree to disagree and its "God's" place to judge so what makes you think you have the right to damn me to hell? This is another argument I get into. Taking that right away is essentially sinning and going against the word of your lord.

This post wasn't made for you to come in and damn those that disagree with you to hell. If you want to do that I ask you please to make your own post about the issue. I choose to love everyone despite their beliefs or their sins and I'd appreciate if you take your vile intolerant attitude elsewhere.

This post was made to see the reason why Christians and Non Christian's believe or don't believe in evolution. You made you case earlier. Now your just spewing your opinion on what YOU THINK is truth based upon the way YOU translate the Bible. I do not have a problem with Christians in general but its comments like this that just tick me off. You are not almighty so do not act as such.

Happy Holidays 

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

A mere mortal, you think you know better than God Almighty, not my problem *Shrugs*

There is no such thing as a "good" person. God is good. Every one falls short from Gods Glory. 

Heaven does exist. Anyone who does not believe that Jesus is the Christ will never enter the gates of Heaven, regardless of how "good" they are. And yes, God forgiven murders and adulterous will absolutely see Heaven and live in eternally in extreme bliss.

Moses was a murder, did you know that? The Lord gave him a new heart and a new spirit. Moses turned out to have an outstanding personality shaped by God.

Gang members ... and whomever else hurts others, do not love God. You can tell when a person loves the Lord with all their strength, by the way they treat others. Their hearts are not true, God knows, and justice will be served. 

I believe my Creator (Jeremiah 29:11) I walk forward in certainty that my life is secure.

eastcoastmama11
by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM

What if God meant for you to use those as lessons, and to teach values.. but not to take as literal word for word happenings? What is "dangerous" about it?

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

I believe exactly as stated in the Bible, it is the Word of God, the truth. Disagreeing with Scripture is saying that God's Word is wrong. That's dangerous.

eastcoastmama11
by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Until it is proven fact, it is your opinion. You do not need faith do believe proven facts.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

It's not my opinion, it's the truth. It is all clearly stated in the Word of God. I am not God, I didn't not write the Bible. I am not condemning you to hell. It is you and only you who condemns yourself. God gives you a choice, free will and tells you how to find Him, but you refuse to see the truth - The truth which sets you free.

I was on topic, another drifted me. I was answering another in your post, too bad.

Quoting kiaras_mommy:

Thanks for your OPINION as I said I agree to disagree and its "God's" place to judge so what makes you think you have the right to damn me to hell? This is another argument I get into. Taking that right away is essentially sinning and going against the word of your lord.

This post wasn't made for you to come in and damn those that disagree with you to hell. If you want to do that I ask you please to make your own post about the issue. I choose to love everyone despite their beliefs or their sins and I'd appreciate if you take your vile intolerant attitude elsewhere.

This post was made to see the reason why Christians and Non Christian's believe or don't believe in evolution. You made you case earlier. Now your just spewing your opinion on what YOU THINK is truth based upon the way YOU translate the Bible. I do not have a problem with Christians in general but its comments like this that just tick me off. You are not almighty so do not act as such.

Happy Holidays 

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

A mere mortal, you think you know better than God Almighty, not my problem *Shrugs*

There is no such thing as a "good" person. God is good. Every one falls short from Gods Glory. 

Heaven does exist. Anyone who does not believe that Jesus is the Christ will never enter the gates of Heaven, regardless of how "good" they are. And yes, God forgiven murders and adulterous will absolutely see Heaven and live in eternally in extreme bliss.

Moses was a murder, did you know that? The Lord gave him a new heart and a new spirit. Moses turned out to have an outstanding personality shaped by God.

Gang members ... and whomever else hurts others, do not love God. You can tell when a person loves the Lord with all their strength, by the way they treat others. Their hearts are not true, God knows, and justice will be served. 

East Coast Mama

First of all, I can see the sun, okay? Unlike some other gods I could  mention, I can actually see the sun. I'm big on that. If I can see something, I don't know, it kind of helps the credibility along, you know? So everyday I can see the sun, as it gives me everything I need; heat, light, food, flowers in the park, reflections on the lake, an occasional skin cancer, but hey. At least there are no crucifixions, and we're not setting people on fire simply because they don't agree with us.
Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing.
And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I'm unworthy. Doesn't tell me I'm a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn't said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don't pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn't presume on our friendship. It's not polite." - George Carlin

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this
If you are hoping to convince people to have a relationship with God, you are really going about it the wrong way. Instead of stating your opinion calmly and supporting it with things people can relate to, you spouted a sermon and most people reading this have now written you off as a nut.

As a Christian, it really makes me sad to read things like you wrote because all you have done is ostracize a group of people and added to their negative opinion about Christianity. You have missed out on being a positive influence in anyone's life.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

kiaras_mommy
by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 5:06 PM

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."- Thomas Jefferson

I'll take my chances with reason than to blindly follow a God that so quickly would damn me to hell for having a mind of my own.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Mweddle
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 5:06 PM

You should read The Creator and the Cosmos by Hugh Ross.   Great book about creation.  I 100% believe that it was NOT a literal 7 day creation but I guess we wont know until we go. I believe that each "day" was longer than a 24 hour day.  If you see the hebrew meaning of that word it can mean a 24 hr day OR it can mean a significant length of time.  Anyway its a great book and you should give it a read even though you don't affiliate yourself with Christianity anymore.

Is the reason you are not a Christian due to this? 

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Point of fact, humans ARE primates.

Quoting Jamie1972:

Dh and i were talking about evolution not too long ago. I was telling him about a post in another that was about evolution and how i said i didnt belive in it. That if we evolved from primates then why r there still primates around? Did they stop evolving because humans came o be? Anyway dh did make a point that got me thinking. As humans we have evolved. Maybe not from the ocean but as in how things have changed. From like how centuries ago our life expectncy was 30 yrs now its 70 yrs. That god lifted the veil off of our eyes to allow us to see things to change things. We went from eating with our hand to using forks ect. So we have evolved in the way we have lived, worked,medical and generally get along with people. But i still dont belive in that we evovled from primates.

kw.2
by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 5:09 PM
I am Mormon and believe in evolution to an extent..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 5:12 PM

God didn't write it.  Man did.  Man is susceptible to outside forces that skew their opinions and the limits of the world around them.

When God writes a book, I'd be very interested to read it.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Quoting kiaras_mommy:

Happy Holidays 

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Mweddle
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 5:13 PM

First off this isn't to judge you or whatever you call it.  I just wanna say that Jesus came to save the lost and the sick.  We ALL do crappy things.  Thats the point, I think that even though we are mess up, Jesus makes it right because its not us who saves us but Jesus who does. :) And everyone is equal because we all mess up. BUT I can totally see where you are coming from.  A lot of people do HORRIBLE things in God's name but that is human error NOT God error.  I hope I didn't come across as some people do. ;)

Quoting Jennifer_57:

And a muslim would say the same about the kuran. I don't care about religion, at all. I think if you're a good person with strong morals, thats all that should matter. And im sure if a heaven does exist lets say, a non religious person who has only done right is more likely to get in than a christian who commited adultery or a guy who murdered somebody. Do you have any idea how many gang members believe strongly in god? Or what about preists that have molested little boys? How about everyone just does the right thing, and be good people, and make it that much simpler than this religion is superior than that and vise versa.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

I believe exactly as stated in the Bible, it is the Word of God, the truth. Disagreeing with Scripture is saying that God's Word is wrong. That's dangerous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN