Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm having a really bad morning. It might get worse later. Vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

My 13 yr old son broke my Cable remote. Why over a damn comb. He couldn't find it.  He has adhd and mood disorder that doesn't make life easier for any of us. He has his ups and then he has his downs. And I'm not sure I can take it anymore.I am taking a gift card he got for Christmas and buying a universal remote. Because I don't have money to buy another one of the cable company right now.  I thank God he goes to the doctors tomorrow I think it's time for new medicine.  Anyone else have a child with anger problems ??? My sister said he could be going through puberty and it's making him hormonal.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2011 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2011 at 9:37 AM
I'm sorry mama ! No advice here but honestly I would use the gift card to get another remote. hopefully he will understand there consequences for his actions huggs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Yea that's what I am going to do. Out of my 3 kids he is the worse. Thanks !!!

Quoting aprilsalcro:

I'm sorry mama ! No advice here but honestly I would use the gift card to get another remote. hopefully he will understand there consequences for his actions huggs

Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2011 at 9:52 AM
I agree. He broke it, he replaces it!
Sorry mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea that's what I am going to do. Out of my 3 kids he is the worse. Thanks !!!

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkysmommy720
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2011 at 9:54 AM

I have a 13 yr old with ADHD and he has anger issues, but he has never broken a remote. I don't blame you for using his gift card to replace it. The doctor told me puberty has a lot to do with the anger/hormones.

praisinghim2day
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 9:59 AM

My youngest has O.D.D. with the shadow disorder (this never comes alone) of A.D.H.D..  One of the symptoms of O.D.D. is anger and he can become violent.  Since we got his meds straightened out, the issues are very few and far between and he has learned to control his anger outbursts (no more violence) when he does have issues.  No more violence.  I'm so sorry, mama.  I know how hard it can be, and puberty I'm sure isn't helping at all. :(  Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Yea I am strating to notice he's going through it now. Yea I am getting my new remote tomorrow.  Oh my son has broke a few things.

Quoting pinkysmommy720:

I have a 13 yr old with ADHD and he has anger issues, but he has never broken a remote. I don't blame you for using his gift card to replace it. The doctor told me puberty has a lot to do with the anger/hormones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Yes he has ODD too.  And when his meds work everything is fine. You can atleast reason with him. He has been on the same meds for over a year now. So it might be a couple of things going on all at once. Thanks for your support.

Quoting praisinghim2day:

My youngest has O.D.D. with the shadow disorder (this never comes alone) of A.D.H.D..  One of the symptoms of O.D.D. is anger and he can become violent.  Since we got his meds straightened out, the issues are very few and far between and he has learned to control his anger outbursts (no more violence) when he does have issues.  No more violence.  I'm so sorry, mama.  I know how hard it can be, and puberty I'm sure isn't helping at all. :(  Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there.

Meghan1987
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 10:09 AM
I have adhd n I'm bi polar. I've had many outbursts. I've cracked my parents windshield. I know it's hard for your son. The smallest things can set him off. Imo I think its unfair of you to take his gift card away. Especially since he's not on meds. I haven't been on meds in a long time. I know how hard it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Oh he is on adderall xr 60mg and Risperdal .5. I have to take him tomorrow to see his med Dr. I'm think about changing his mood medicine. The aderall is already at adult strength.  Yea but he has to learn he can't break my stuff. This isn't the first time he has broke something.

Quoting Meghan1987:

I have adhd n I'm bi polar. I've had many outbursts. I've cracked my parents windshield. I know it's hard for your son. The smallest things can set him off. Imo I think its unfair of you to take his gift card away. Especially since he's not on meds. I haven't been on meds in a long time. I know how hard it is.

Meghan1987
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Oh I understand that he needs to learn not to break stuff. But my parents never took my christmas presents away. He is your son and yes you should punish him as you see fit. I'm just saying its hard for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh he is on adderall xr 60mg and Risperdal .5. I have to take him tomorrow to see his med Dr. I'm think about changing his mood medicine. The aderall is already at adult strength.  Yea but he has to learn he can't break my stuff. This isn't the first time he has broke something.

Quoting Meghan1987:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)