Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I support the legalization of all drugs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies
3 moms liked this

Every. single. one.

I don't believe that they are all safe to use obviously, lol. But I believe that they should all be legalized.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newfound09
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Hmmm idk about all of them...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Care to tell why? Some "drug" such as meth are not regulated but produced by people. How do you feel about these type of drugs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I disagree. I wouldn't want crack, meth, and all the other hard drugs legalized. I have seen people die from that shit. Mary J, I have no issue with. Its no worse than alcohol. but that other stuff, I have to disagree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:54 AM
3 moms liked this

and you support the demise of this country.

ColorMeCrazy
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this

We could all use them at our own risk, just like we do with prescription meds, alcohol, cigarettes, and everything else :) 

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM
I think they should be decriminalized but I'm on the fence with legal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitleypittman
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM
I agree. There will be a year or two when everyone is doing them, but once it sinks in that there's no law against it, it'll die out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Sure lol.

I feel that those types of drugs are horrible, obviously, and I wouldn't approve their use to anyone, meth especially. There have been several meth labs found in my town.. that used to be a good place to grow up. Now the issue is so prevelent that we are choosing to move out of it before our DD starts school.

I still think that they should be legal though. In my opinion, the way we are tackling our drug problems in this country is obviously failling. I believe that if drugs were regulated and distributed by the government, that the number of meth labs, drug related violence, and arrests (obviously) would be reduced greatly.

I also think that it would make these things harder for our children to get their hands on. Speaking from personal experience.. as a former marijuana user, when I was in high school I could buy pot from a handful of people in under and hour. Alcohol, on the other hand was extremely difficult. I was underage, so I obviously couldn't buy it from a store.. and my siblings and their friends didn't want to risk getting in trouble for supplying alcohol to minors. I think in time this would be the same case with all drugs if they were legal. But at the moment.. we already have criminals making all these hard drugs.. and they have no problem selling it to 14,15,16 year old kids.

Lastly, I think that people who have legitmate problems would be more likely to seek treatment for their issues as the stigma began to fade. They also wouldn't have to worry about risking their professional status after seeking help for say a heroin addiction. Alcoholics are able to seek treatment and it is often thought noble and mature, and they can do so without risking their jobs, or custody of their children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Care to tell why? Some "drug" such as meth are not regulated but produced by people. How do you feel about these type of drugs?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Lol, of course not! I mean I vote democrat after all ;) haha.. kidding kidding.. kind of.

It is just my theory on what would work best to solve the drug problem in our country. After all.. how well is what we are doing now really working?

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

and you support the demise of this country.

JADIEBUG
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Seriously you think it would make it harder for children to get then? THAT is a joke....It would make it easier just like cigarettes and alcohol. Plus the criminals will produce it because it is cheap to make and they make a hell of a profit off it....Alcohol being legal has not stopped moonshiners. Make pot legal sure.....But meth and crack? WTF are you thinking.

Quoting Anonymous:

I also think that it would make these things harder for our children to get their hands on. Speaking from personal experience.. as a former marijuana user, when I was in high school I could buy pot from a handful of people in under and hour. Alcohol, on the other hand was extremely difficult. I was underage, so I obviously couldn't buy it from a store.. and my siblings and their friends didn't want to risk getting in trouble for supplying alcohol to minors. I think in time this would be the same case with all drugs if they were legal. But at the moment.. we already have criminals making all these hard drugs.. and they have no problem selling it to 14,15,16 year old kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)