Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help!

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2011 at 10:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

My bf BB keeps getting thrush, what in the world am I doing wrong?

by on Dec. 25, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Dec. 25, 2011 at 10:58 PM

bump!

Lostinindy
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM
I'm not a big fan of GV. What have you tried to get rid of it? It took difflucan and grapefruit seed extract to kill it for me. If you want I can share the info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvmy2somuch
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2011 at 11:20 PM

my doc prescribed it awhile back some creme colored stuff. could it be from rather than running to the kitchen to rince his passy everytime i just pop it in my mouth to make sure theres nothing on it?

iluvmy2somuch
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2011 at 11:21 PM

btw i have stopped doing tht and started going everytime and yes i washed everything tht goes in his mouth

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2011 at 11:23 PM

cut the sugar and starches out keep them at a minimum and very little if any fruit increase your protien.

prisonblues
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 1:57 AM
You should go to the doc and get the purple stuff for his mouth and they should give you a cream to put on your nipples cause you have it too. My baby got thrush and I had to paint her mouth I called her the purple people eater lol and rubbed the cream on me a it went away in about a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ataemommy
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 4:24 AM
Three words: grapefruit seed extract. Nine bucks at a health food store. Not prescriptions, not gentian violet - NOTHING would get rid of my babe's thrush - this cleared it up in a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ataemommy
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 4:24 AM
Gentian violet is the purple stuff. It doesn't even come close to GSE for treatment, especially when the thrush is recurrent.

Quoting prisonblues:

You should go to the doc and get the purple stuff for his mouth and they should give you a cream to put on your nipples cause you have it too. My baby got thrush and I had to paint her mouth I called her the purple people eater lol and rubbed the cream on me a it went away in about a week

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prisonblues
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 4:38 PM
I had the gse stuff first it didn't work for my baby but every baby is different

Quoting Ataemommy:

Gentian violet is the purple stuff. It doesn't even come close to GSE for treatment, especially when the thrush is recurrent.

Quoting prisonblues:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)