Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 14 yr old smoking cigarettes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies

I just found out my 14 yr old daughter has been smoking for the past 6 months and now she wants to be able to smoke at home.  My hub and me and my oldest son smoke so my husband says we should just let her smoke and not have her sneaking anymore.  Anybody been throught this?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:38 AM
No , 14 and your gunna let her smoke?? Shes still a baby she shouldn't be smoking till she's 18 because 1) she can go to jail for it2) you can go to jail buying cigs for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lostinindy
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:39 AM
5 moms liked this
I wouldn't allow it, but then I don't smoke so it's not an issue. What happens if she starts drinking, are you going to allow that since then she won't be sneaking around?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:40 AM
5 moms liked this
you're the parents. I think you should make it as hard for her as possible to smoke. just because the 3 of you do it doesnt make it okay for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:41 AM
7 moms liked this

sounds like you and your husband have set a very bad example for her....good luck trying to get her to quit when she has two hippacrites as parents.

WHardysmom
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I started at 15.  I don't think supporting it will help..but I don't know that dad is wrong either.  Poor girl is all I can say.  Hope my kids are watching me and learn NOT to do it.  But I really don't know yet how I would handle this.  Good luck to you!

Travelagtmom
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Tough. I never smoked in my life,but two of my sons do and started when they were very young.i tried everything. They couldn't smoke at my house, yet I'd find evidence and punish them. It is illegal to sell cigs to minors yet they always found a way to get them. They are now in 26, twins, and both wish they'd never started, wish they could quit, wish they had the money they spend on them and so forth...I got nothing for ya, to be honest. Except, in our state, if you purchase cigs for a minor, it is an offense that has quite a large fine, even if said minor is your kid. I would not allow it in my house and I would in no way finance it or encourage it. You could get in trouble...sorry for all of you cause I think it is nasty. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:44 AM
5 moms liked this

Tell her she is not allowed to smoke period.  Take her to the pediatrician to get some sort of advice as to how to get her to kick the habit.  You and your husband need to quit smoking too....you have to be good examples for her..

PiscesMommy021
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:45 AM
In a way your hubby is right cause if you dont let her that doesnt mean she is going to stop smoking. She will probably continue to sneak and smoke like she has been doing.....If it were me though I wouldnt allow my kids to smoke @ all. But @ the same time I dont smoke and since you, your dh and oldest son smoke she will try to use it against you. Good Luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:46 AM
Well this is tough. I wouldn't allow her to smoke at home, but if you're ok with her smoking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2011 at 10:47 AM
5 moms liked this

No. I smoked and I don't want my dd to smoke. I would offer the quit together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)