Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gimme a break! *** updated 9:12pm***

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Right now I am getting the 5th degree from my inlaws on how my kids have no chores or responsibilities,,, and how this will keep them from becoming grown men.. UGH!

****update*** now the kids are being too loud on the awesome scooters the inlaws got them ( you just move side to side on them!)  You have a headache go upstairs! COME ON this is my house, and the kids are enjoying your gifts with laughter and joy.... .. WHAT THE HELL! ?????????????????????????? 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2011 at 6:20 PM
Replies (21-24):
JT32606_
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:42 PM
Lol my 3.5yo ds has "chores"
He takes out the garbage. He gets a quarter everytime he does it. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiSs.SmOkEy
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Depends on their age. DS is 3 and he helps pick up, he throws things away, and he will even help wipe off the counters and do dishes. I don't expect him to do anything by himself but I do expect him to come in and help pick up his toys and stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:55 PM
Honestly, coming from a person who had no chores or responsibilities growing up, they should have some chores to do, but I saw in a reply that they do help out around the house, just not while on vacation lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM

yeah I grew up not having to do any chores, but i did have to keep my room clean, and do my own laundry. They are good when we ask them to do things, and during the week, one cleans the bathroom while the other cleans the bathrooms.  The oldest is good at doing laundry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN