Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How often does your SO have "guy time"?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 1:07 PM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: Am I in the wrong for wanting him to spend more time with me and DS right now? (Read before answering please.)

Options:

No, if he's moving out in 4 weeks he should be spending more time with you and DS

Yes, let the man see his friends!

He'll be seeing those friends everyday when he moves, he NEEDS to be spending time with you and DS

Other (Explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

To go out with their friends away from the house and whatnot, or are they always home with you and the children?  I don't mind him going out every now and then but it seems like lately he's been wanting to have guy time every day. I know he isn't doing anything shady because I've been around him and his friends and it's always all about cars. The thing is, he's moving in 4 weeks. We can't afford where we're at and he's moving in with these friends in less than a month. I want to spend more time with him, I'm tired of him always wanting to go out. It kind of hurts my feelings because the way I see it, he's going to be seeing these people every day living with them and I'm going to be in school. I know I won't be seeing him as much and I've been wanting to spend time with him. It just kind of hurts my feelings right now. 

by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
his_penguin
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 1:24 PM

HE'S moving or are you both moving together?  If not, I'd think he'd want to spend time with you and your child.  If yes, you'll see him every day too.

Anyway - mine has guy time alot.  In fact, he's out of town on a hunting trip with his best friend as I type.  I'm bored shitless and miss him.   I last talked to him last night.  :(    hunting season ends in a couple days and I'll see him then, lol.  Been a long few months - he's always gone.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2011 at 1:25 PM

he goes once a week.

kotabearsmama
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 1:32 PM

He's moving out. DS and I are staying with my father while I'm in school. 

Quoting his_penguin:

HE'S moving or are you both moving together?  If not, I'd think he'd want to spend time with you and your child.  If yes, you'll see him every day too.

Anyway - mine has guy time alot.  In fact, he's out of town on a hunting trip with his best friend as I type.  I'm bored shitless and miss him.   I last talked to him last night.  :(    hunting season ends in a couple days and I'll see him then, lol.  Been a long few months - he's always gone.

his_penguin
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I have to ask... why isn't he staying with you?    I'd flip out if dh moved in with his friends while I moved to my mom's. 

Dh just called finally.  Not even a one minute phone call.  It's hard being away from the one you love for any period of time.   Thank goodness for Cafemom to keep me busy, lol.

Quoting kotabearsmama:

Quoting his_penguin:

hotmama83227
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 1:45 PM

my dh and i don't have guy time or girl time anymore :) lol its just Tim&Samantha time and we like it that way!

wintermermaid
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2011 at 2:28 PM
1-2 times a week and sometimes zero times! We come first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kotabearsmama
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 2:51 PM
I could move in but his friend has two other people living there and soon SO as well. There's constant parties and they all live as if they're still in high school. I'm not comfortable with him staying there but I definitely don't want DS around it. We went over while DS was with grandpa for a little while just to drop by, it smelled like weed and there were Four Loko cans lying around. My dad just can't have all of us here so DS and I are staying with him and, I guess SO will be there. :/ he's in a bad mood now because I was upset that he was going over there again. Now he won't go and he's acting like that's so bad.

Quoting his_penguin:

I have to ask... why isn't he staying with you?    I'd flip out if dh moved in with his friends while I moved to my mom's. 

Dh just called finally.  Not even a one minute phone call.  It's hard being away from the one you love for any period of time.   Thank goodness for Cafemom to keep me busy, lol.

Quoting kotabearsmama:

Quoting his_penguin:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 2:58 PM

My husband goes out weekly, usually it's Thursday nights. I definitely think if he's wanting to go out daily that would be excessive. 

ABMommyto2
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 3:53 PM

My husband goes out maybe once or twice a month...  Maybe.  Men definitely need the time to themselves.  After reading your story, it seems like your man is being excessive.  I would also be concerned about the fact that a man who is in a relationship and has a son is moving in with single men that act like they are in high school.  Not to trigger any what if thoughts, but it would make me uncomfortable.  Why isn't he more focused on supporting you, your son...the family?  Friends come last.

evillette
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I wish my SO would make soem friends and go out. He is clingy lately and if he had somewhere to go he may not be so much. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)