Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband could possibly have a 6 yr old daughter we just found out about!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband and I have been together for about 5 1/2 years. The girl that is just now trying to establish paternity was someone he dated right before me. I really don't understand why she waited so many years to "establish paternity" w/ him. How is that fair to him that that stupid piece of shit women didn't tell him he could be the father of her baby years ago?? Now he just has to be ok that he lost the first 6 years of his possible child's life. How are women allowed to do that? I don't know maybe if I would have known when I met him that he had a baby I wouldn't have been w/him. But, how could I have known if he didn't even know?? Her stupid decision to keep it from him has now affected my life and our children's lives. This is bullshit! There should be punishment for the women who decide for some reason to let the possible father know 6 years later that they might have a child!! I understand either way if the child is his that it's his responsibility to pay child support, and I am not arguing that. Child support is not the issue here. The issue is why did she wait so long?? 6 years lost and if it is his daughter how scary will it be for the little girl to have to leave w/ a stranger she's never met (custody). Our system is so screwded up!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM
That is quite the surprise! I wish the best for your family and this little girl who has not had a Dad.If the mom was not doing it to protect her kid she was just being selfish and cruel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Does anyone know if he would have to pay CS for 6 years back or from the time she filed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Pm me I know exactly how you feel. So if you need to talk I'm here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM

. i cant tell you why she didn't let him know...i don't know her so i don't knowher reasoning. i dont think anyone else thinks he has to 'just be ok with it' as far as not knwoing the little girl for 6 years BUT it is something you all need to deal with in the least drama filled way possible. i do know that, if i were in your shoes, him having a daughter wouldn't have stopped me from being with him and i would fold the new child into our family unit as easily as i could. i am well aware that there could be other children out there that we don't know abt. my husband was in japan for a few years. a few guys he knows have children over there that their wives dont even know abt. he doesn't have any that he knows of but if one popped up then i wouldn't be freaking out abt it id simply do what needed to be done and try my best to help foster the relationship between him and his other child.

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM
In my state its from the date filed but if she got state assistance you have to pay that back

Quoting Anonymous:

Does anyone know if he would have to pay CS for 6 years back or from the time she filed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mzvaldez
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM
I'm so sorry. I would feel so awkward and upset too. I don't know why some women do that. At my family's Christmas party we all just met my cousin's husband's 15 year old daughter that he just found out about! I felt so bad for her, you could tell she felt so out of place. My cousin handled it with total grace though and accepted her with open arms. Even though when you add up the timeline, his daughter was conceived when my cousin and her husband had just began dating. He lost 15 years getting to know her and so did his daughter.
mrssmitley1210
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

That is why I am glad my husband has used protection with everyone but me and stayed in contact with any girl he has ever slept with for a decent amount of time after (talking years).

mommybug77
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Maybe she had a father figure before this time and something happened.
eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think your DH is exactly a ''victim'' in this situation.

wifeandmomof2.5
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 1:31 PM

He didnt know she was pregnant?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN