Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like my life has been a waste....(HUGE vent)

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 10:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

I want to go back and start my life over.  I feel like my whole life has been a waste and a struggle.  I had a marriage for 16 years that ended in disaster and we still fight 8 years later.  I have three kids that I struggle with.  My son comes and goes, my older daughter, well, we are VERY close, we have a great relationship but she has a drug and alcohol problem, she is in a treatment facility now getting help, but will struggle with that her whole life.  My 14 yr old daughter moved to live with her dad over a year ago and I swear if we start to get close her dad does something to pull her back in.  It's a very long story, but I just feel that when I chose to marry this awful man it ruined my entire life.  All I wanted in life was a large, happy, close knitt family.  My family is anything but.  I am by myself, miserable and hate my life.  It's too late to start over, it's not like I can remarry and have more kids and try again.  I'm too old and don't have a uterus anymore.  I'm so tired of fighting all of these battles in life.  Where is my joy?  All I feel like I'm doing is going to work, paying bills, fighting with my kids and crying.  What fun is that???  I try so hard to be a good mom to my kids, I am there for them emotionally and psychologically, I may not have the biggest house or nicest car or have a maid come every week like their dad does.  Or have a normal schedule like their dad does but I am NOT their dad!!  If only they remembered the things their dad did to them when they were little.  He was so horrible to them.  He's being horrible to them now, he just does it in a sly way so they don't realize it.  He makes it look like its me that's the bad one.  Although not speaking to your 17 yr old in 2 1/2 years is pretty bad.  But of coarse he blames that on her.  They bought that.  It was MY fault he didn't get counseling with her because I didn't call him and tell him when her appt was.???  ummm...I made that appt for HER benefit.  If HE wanted to get a session with her then HE needed to pick up the phone and call the therapist, right?  Everything is ALWAYS MY FAULT and everyone always believes HIM!!  I"M JUST OVER THIS!!!

by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
crzynonnie
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM

BUMP!

-Strawberry-
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I wish I had even an ounce of advice for you, but I have never been in that situation, so I don't know what to say. You need a friend, or a therapist. Have you ever seen a dr about depression? 

crzynonnie
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Yes, I'm on meds for depression and have been in counseling since my ex cheated on me over 18 years ago.  It just seems like nothing ever gets better.  There are always these life situations thrown at me that are devistating.

MamaLub
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Find an outlet. Something just for you. Something that you Can find some peace and maybe even a little happiness with
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mydebbers
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Im on meds for depression , but you know what.. day by day.. dont dwell on teh what ifs..

Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Well you cant start over you have to go on from here.... Stop trying so hard. it seems like you try really hard for others stop doing it. Let go of feeling guilty if you dont do for others and stop feeling bad. These will eat you alive. I wish you the best!

Loril420
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

just stop. stop trying, stop hurting, stop doing for them, stop waiting for something to fix your life and take responsibility for your own happiness.  If your family don't like it, tell to get the fuck over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Take a vacation or something. Forget about it for a week or two then come back with hopefully a new awareness and view about the whole situation.

heartnhidin
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM

HUGS I know it does not seem like it but your kids do love you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN