Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i lose a lot of respect of you moms when...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 402 Replies
2 moms liked this

the death penalty debate is talked about.

those who agree with it, those who say that the taxpayers money should just go towards DP (it costs more for those fighting death penalty compared to those with life without parole), how death row/jail is 'comfortable' and all that stuff.

i wonder how many of you people KNOW someone on death row- NOT in jail, not in prison, but death row. i wonder how many of you have loved ones on death row. i wonder if anyone knows of the torment, the angish that the inmate, family and friends suffer through during the trial, during the sentencing, during the time spent behind the bars. i wonder if anyone has ever had to say their final words, their goodbyes to their best friend, their son, daughter, mother, father.... if anyone has watched their loved one getting strapped to the gurney, IVs coming out of the arms.

i've been on both sides of the spectrum. my aunt was murdered and my best friend was on death row so i'm not blind to either situation.

i usually never post topics like this, but for some reason- it got to me today. i dont even reply on death penalty posts that other people make.

i've said my peace and now i'm out.

RIP Joyce and Chris

pg 12 (for my reminder)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KitschyGirl
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM
3 moms liked this

Eh, I'm not sure how I feel about the death penalty. 

danijean
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:45 PM
T has to be asked why was your best friend on death row?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM
43 moms liked this
Eh. Hard for feel sorry for those people on death row. I really don't give two shits how comfy a murderer or child molester feels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bookmommy
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be for it because then we don't have to pay to house and feed criminals for a life sentence BUT..I think if it is murder or some other violent crime maybe we SHOULD keep someone in prison for their life with no hope of parole so they can repent what they did and regret it every day.

I'm not for or against. I'm torn.

~Jen-Mom to a 9 year old boy and a 5 year old Aussie!

Come by for homeschooling tips, thoughts, video game advice and general fun!

http://geekygamergalsmusings.blogspot.com/

Paperfishies
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM
29 moms liked this
I have zero sympathy for murderers and rapists and people who hurt children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXomommaXoXo
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Quoting Paperfishies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM
30 moms liked this
Look. A murderer, whether they are a dad, husband, father, son, mother, daughter-whatever- they are still a murdered. Whatever crime they committed-an innocent person was hurt. That innocent person was someone's daughter, father, mother, wife- they were someone special to someone.
It sucks to say your goodbyes but damn what about the nmom who said goodbye to her son and then received a call that evening that her son had been brutally assaulted and was dead. When does she get her goodbye. Who gives a shit about the poor asshole on death row? I know I sure don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tess24
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Quoting Paperfishies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
O who are you kidding. What makes you think they will sit there and repent. Screw that.

Quoting bookmommy:

I'd be for it because then we don't have to pay to house and feed criminals for a life sentence BUT..I think if it is murder or some other violent crime maybe we SHOULD keep someone in prison for their life with no hope of parole so they can repent what they did and regret it every day.

I'm not for or against. I'm torn.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandaRose83
by Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM
18 moms liked this

Ehhh Its kind of hard to feel sorry for someone who is sitting on death row. They are there for a reason obviously. I really could give 2 shits how comfortable a murderer is and I really don't care how they die either. To be honest I think an IV in the arm is too nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN