Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you pay?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should I pay this ticket?

Options:

Yes. If he has no job your financially responsible

No. He should have asked about this sooner instead of waiting till the absolute last minute

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 77

View Results

One night when I was at work my SO had his cousin run him to the store. He didn't put my son in his car seat which he KNOWS better n knows I can't stand, and his cousin got pulled n got a ticket for it. My SO told me when I got home the next day n I was NOT happy, but my son made it home safe so I went on with my life. Well I get a message on fb from his cousin saying ya dude owes me money for a ticket I got a few months back. It's due the 9th. Ijs.....now I'm sittin here staring at the screen like...that's my problem HOW?? You both know the seat belt laws!! SO doesn't work.

So my question is would you pay? Would u have offered to pay??
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2012 at 5:18 AM
Replies (41-50):
Devious103102
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Nope. 

mama2three717
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:06 PM

the nice part of me would offer to pay half... the other side of me would tell him that he knowingly let his nephew in the car, w/o being in a car seat. his bad.

soontobemommie3
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope sorry. I don't care who's kid it is my car doesn't move until everyone is properly restrained. For 1 i'm a safety first and 2 the ticket is in cousins name because it IS his responsibility. Otherwise, dad would of got the ticket.

Quoting mamaK0911:

It's not his kid, not his responsibility. I'd expect you to pay in full.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
  • cousin is a big boy so heck no. he wants to get in to it he can go to court about it. any judge is going to say he was the driver so it is his job to ensure everyone in the car is properly secured.
KarenandaBaby
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

No. He (the driver) should learn not do something so irresponsible and foolish as have a child in his car with no car seat.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
nope, cousin's an idiot, let him either pay or arrested...idiot
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I think it was your SO's responsibility so that makes it your responsibility. No he shouldn't have waited until the last minute but you should pay it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1979mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I haven't read through all the replies but.........if he was pulled over and ticketed for something like speeding then the ticket is HIS responsibility. If he was pulled over for the reason of your child not being in a car seat, then it's your SO's responsibility. Yes, they both knew the seatbelt laws, but your child is your SO's responsibility while you are at work. If the cousin was in charge of the child then it would be on him. 

In my opinion your SO owes him that money if that's what the ticket is for. But the cousin should have contacted you sooner. Then again, your SO knew about the ticket, so did you, so you all should have given the money.

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

You are responsible for everything that happens in your car.  The cousin needs to get his head out of his arse and pay the ticket that was written out to him for not controlling what happened in his vehicle.  It should teach him that next time he needs to verify that everyone is the car is following the law before he drives.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Fuck no I wouldn't pay. If he didn't want to risk getting a ticket, either he puts the carseat in his car, or he doesn't take your SO to the store. He chose to break the law, no one forced him to do it, he'd be paying it on his own. And if SO didn't have a job, it wouldn't be my problem. Him and his cusion can work out a payment plan without my help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)