Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$179 in your pocket! *addition...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you had that money in your pocket right now and you were $170 short on rent, you didnt have ANY clothes washed for your kids(undies included), and NO food other than WIC in your fridge. What would you do with your money?

Oh yea. And your 1 year old had only 2 diapers left. And you wont get nor have anymore money until next week FRIDAY!

Addition: i called 211 like some ladies said and found a diaper bank thats giving us a pack of diapers and a pack of wipes for my 1 year old. And i got 3 numbers to food pantries but i need a referal from my case worker(but i dont know who she is. I just applied for food stamps yesterday). So im calling where i applied trying to get ahold of someone and the phones just ringing. So im not sure what else to do. BUT my landlord says as long as the $170 plus half of next month is paid by the 17th we're ok. So now im just waiting. Serious question though ladies. How do you do laundry in the tub and hang them in an apartment? I have detergent i just dont know how to do it. Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mommy_Burge
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

It's a bit funny that April said what she did because a lot of states are now giving out cell phones as a form of PA. Serious. In TX if you qualify for any sort of PA you can get a basic cell phone from this one company...they give you 250 minutes for EMERGENCIES and you can ALWAYS use 911.

BTW....you cal ALWAYS use 911 on cell phones, as long as they are charged, whether you have an active plan or not....that how every one of my phones have been at least.

Quoting ekralevich:

Please tell me your being facetious. 

Quoting April620:

You expect her to shut off her phone? A phone is considered a lifeline and is extremely important in emergency situations.

Quoting ekralevich:

But, you have a phone to post on?  Ugg  hate these kind of posts where people's priorities are messed up.  Please OP tell me this is a friend who has no cable, no cell phone and doesn't smoke.  

ekralevich
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM

PEOPLE LIVED FOR YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS WITHOUT PHONES!!!  Don't give me that kind of crap, it may work on others.  I for one know I don't NEED my cell phone.  Try someone else. LMFAO

Quoting mommaoftwo:

a phone is a safety device. A smart phone may not be, but it might. Hell it might be her only form of internet.

Eitherway, she needs a way to call for help.

I would talk to the landlord, give him the majority of the rent, and promise him the rest when you get it.

Ive slowly built up my cloth diaper stash so that I don't run into that " oh crap I don't have any diapers" thing. Aaaand I really really want a wonder wash like Epoh.

Quoting ekralevich:

Quoting April620:

You expect her to shut off her phone? A phone is considered a lifeline and is extremely important in emergency situations.

Quoting ekralevich:

But, you have a phone to post on?  Ugg  hate these kind of posts where people's priorities are messed up.  Please OP tell me this is a friend who has no cable, no cell phone and doesn't smoke.  

ekralevich
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Yes, I have been told this too.  If the phone powers on it can call 911.

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

It's a bit funny that April said what she did because a lot of states are now giving out cell phones as a form of PA. Serious. In TX if you qualify for any sort of PA you can get a basic cell phone from this one company...they give you 250 minutes for EMERGENCIES and you can ALWAYS use 911.

BTW....you cal ALWAYS use 911 on cell phones, as long as they are charged, whether you have an active plan or not....that how every one of my phones have been at least.

Quoting ekralevich:

Quoting April620:

Quoting ekralevich:

amyers_2010
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM

um, i would put my selfish desires to the side and be a good parent and put that money towards what it NEEDED to go towards rather than what i WANTED

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Bunch of raging bitches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Wic wont last a month! And we dont get wic refilled until the 14th. We've used all the bread, eggs, beans, and juices off the wic.

Quoting ekralevich:

So why is it you don't have the money when someone else is paying for things for you?  I'm not trying to be an ass, just that there are times people can cut lots her and there and just don't want to.

You can servive off WIC.  It may not taste great, but you'll live.

Quoting Anonymous:

No its me. And my phone bill is a family plan that my father pays. Right along with my car insurance. Thank you hun :)

Quoting ekralevich:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherri8806
by Sherri on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this

rent or food, nothing selfish in either of those. 

Quoting amyers_2010:

um, i would put my selfish desires to the side and be a good parent and put that money towards what it NEEDED to go towards rather than what i WANTED

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I have no one to borrow from.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Im guessing that Zianneaaliyah here wouldnt be in this situation with her priorities though.  She knows how to handle her business and takes care of her debts.  OP this is what you should do.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I pay my rent, handwash and air dry my clothes, and borrow some money for diapers. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Okay. Well, I for one don't have neighbors that I can get to in a timely fashion.

I don't have a house phone, my cell is honestly cheaper. Especially if you get a prepaid, or are on another family member's plan. Plus, it is like....$300 to break a contract that you may have made when you were having better days.

I'm just saying you don't need to be such a witch, for all you know this is a one time deal, her car broke down earlier this month or her furnace, or whatever.

Quoting ekralevich:

PEOPLE LIVED FOR YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS WITHOUT PHONES!!!  Don't give me that kind of crap, it may work on others.  I for one know I don't NEED my cell phone.  Try someone else. LMFAO

Quoting mommaoftwo:

a phone is a safety device. A smart phone may not be, but it might. Hell it might be her only form of internet.

Eitherway, she needs a way to call for help.

I would talk to the landlord, give him the majority of the rent, and promise him the rest when you get it.

Ive slowly built up my cloth diaper stash so that I don't run into that " oh crap I don't have any diapers" thing. Aaaand I really really want a wonder wash like Epoh.

Quoting ekralevich:

Quoting April620:

Quoting ekralevich:

Mommy of FOUR!!

Tara ~ 12.16.03  Zachary ~ 5.17.05  Rowan ~ 1.17.09  Willow ~ 8/10/11

amyers_2010
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:36 AM

thats what im saying, the money needs to go to something that is needed. food and rent is needed. if it was going to something else like going to the movies or shopping spree somewhere, thats a want, and it would be selfish to do something like that if your family needed something. 

Quoting sherri8806:

rent or food, nothing selfish in either of those. 

Quoting amyers_2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)