Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The B****ing about PA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
3 moms liked this

I am pretty sure most of the mom's on here bitching about others getting PA are SAHM and are pissed because they think hubbies money is getting taken from their own family. Understandable, Most SAHM have no skills to make money nor did they graduate high school because DH will take care of the rest. Little do they realise that most that are on PA are single moms with DB dads that dont give up a dime to help them. You think these mothers are proud to be using tax dollars to feed their children while working a full time job to keep a roof over the childrens head. I am pretty sure they hate it, but if you hate helping out others that much (yes, there are those that abuse the system) then by all means do something about it and get the issue of your taxes are feeding helpless children  out there so we can dismantel the PA system. Write your damn congressman

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Not sure why you are degrading the SAHM. I see plenty of people upset over the use of PA, most Republicans are against public assistance but I don't see you putting them down.

Join me in Moms for Education
Moms for Education

"Oppression of spirit is not on
the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced
while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators,
multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school
boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach
children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are
little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly,
providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and
thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you
want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I highly doubt that most SAHM are uneducated. Im graduating college this weekend. Just sayin...

Cara5
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Huh?

As a college educated, SAHM to seven kids, I don't identify with any of that.  I know that people get PA for all sorts of reasons and I try not to make any assumptions about those families or their reasons for getting PA.  

I know a lot of SAHMs and not many of them are bitter about other peoples financial situations.  

ReadWriteLuv
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM
9 moms liked this
Wrong. I bitch about PA and I have a bachelor's degree and work 3 days a week. That tax money comes out of my check, as well as my husband's.

I have no problem with people that use PA as a short term necessity due to life's unforeseen circumstances. I DO have a problem with lazy ass people who care nothing about helping themselves or bettering their own situations. Career PA recipients should be cut off and persecuted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamieLK
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this

"Understandable, Most SAHM have no skills to make money nor did they graduate high school because DH will take care of the rest"

Where in the world did you come to this conclusion?  Most of the sahms I know have at least a high school diploma if not a bachelor's degree.  

Chuckydoodle
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM

yuppers like totally unedumacated ... umm my badd hubbie not here 4 spe3ll check

.Diddles.
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I don't know if you are trying to make a point, but I am a SAHM with a high school diploma (graduated with honors) and currently attending college with a 3.8 GPA. Now who's uneducated??

happy new yearttc

soon2bemama2008
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I'm a stay at home mom who graduated high school and vocational school with honors! I CAN work as a medical assistant but I chose to raise my girls and my husband works to support our household. We receive absolutely NO government assistance!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLeyhe
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Well gee, this is only worth a rank post. Hiiiiy-yah!
imabitweird
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I will never understand why people get so upset about people on pa...Its not a big deal. EVERYBODY has to pay taxes...I think if you have a problem with a person on pa you must be jealous or have your own issues that need to be dealt with. Im not a selfish person, but I could care less about what other people do with their lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)