Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your teen work?

Posted by   + Show Post
When your child becomes of working age and They want a job would you let them work while they're still in high-school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Replies (61-69):
my1love
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM

i hated public school i went to home school and worked 2 full time jobs pulled straight a's and helped my family with all my money, it taught me responsability

cassnadrajones
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Yes she will :]

Its a very easy job. Its run by a group of managers, all she needs to do is periodically check in and make sure everything is running correcting. If she can't do then she does not deserve a dime of the money she will be given when her grandparents, father, and I die. No one gets a hand out in this family. You work for what ever you want. 

Quoting YngCollegeSMom:

What if she wants to do something else when she gets older? I can see working at the family business while she is in school, but is she going to be forced to take over the business and be stuck working their for life? If she wants to, I think thats great! But is she going to be forced to?

Quoting cassnadrajones:

My DD WILL  be working the family businesses. I really dont give a care if she does not like it. One day along with her cousins she will run them, and that means she needs to understand each and every one. She will start from the ground up and make the same pay as everyone else. Its a good thing her grand parents give $10 an hour starting out instead on Min. wage. She is more than welcomed to blow her money on what ever she wants but she will be required to understand her future.

jessie82087
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Absolutely! I did it. I had a job every Saturday for 6 hours. Worked at the same place from the time I was in 10th grade until I graduated. As long as it isn't interfering with their studies, then hell yeah! In fact, I'll ENCOURAGE it.

nikki32230
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM
If they want to put gas in their car...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM
DH and I disagree on this. I say DD should work. He says she will never have to work in her life...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YngCollegeSMom
by Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Ok so what if she decides that she doesn't want the money she will get when the family line dies out. She decides she rather do something she LOVES knowing she wont see a dime. Will that be accepted by the family? Or will she be shunned?

Quoting cassnadrajones:

Its a very easy job. Its run by a group of managers, all she needs to do is periodically check in and make sure everything is running correcting. If she can't do then she does not deserve a dime of the money she will be given when her grandparents, father, and I die. No one gets a hand out in this family. You work for what ever you want. 

Quoting YngCollegeSMom:

What if she wants to do something else when she gets older? I can see working at the family business while she is in school, but is she going to be forced to take over the business and be stuck working their for life? If she wants to, I think thats great! But is she going to be forced to?

Quoting cassnadrajones:

My DD WILL  be working the family businesses. I really dont give a care if she does not like it. One day along with her cousins she will run them, and that means she needs to understand each and every one. She will start from the ground up and make the same pay as everyone else. Its a good thing her grand parents give $10 an hour starting out instead on Min. wage. She is more than welcomed to blow her money on what ever she wants but she will be required to understand her future.

mommybug77
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Nope.
cassnadrajones
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM

She can help run the businesses and still have a job. My brother in law is a pilot. Checking in once a week and attending a monthly meeting will not hinder her from doing anything she loves. 

Quoting YngCollegeSMom:

Ok so what if she decides that she doesn't want the money she will get when the family line dies out. She decides she rather do something she LOVES knowing she wont see a dime. Will that be accepted by the family? Or will she be shunned?

Quoting cassnadrajones:

Quoting YngCollegeSMom:

Quoting cassnadrajones:

luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM

No. Well yes summers only. But during the school yr school is their job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured