Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously? planned parenthood?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It should be called UNplanned NONparenthood. 

they dont plan parenthood, they dont help you become a parent, they dont plan it for you. 

they plan for you NOT to become parents

*Edit* 

i never said i hated the place, or disagreed with it lol. i LOVE that PP is there for people who need it. 

i just think the name is misleading :P 

it doesn't plan parent hoods :P 

it helps you plan to NOT have a parenthood. 

This has nothing to do with the clinic its self. or the services. nor does it have anything to do with whether i agree with them or not (i DO agree with PP being there) 

my ONLY topic on this discussion was the NAME. which did NOT make sense. 

now, thanks to someone who was willing to explain it, i understand. so its all good.

this wasnt a post bashing planned parenthood. this isnt a post about abortion (dont even know why that was brought up) and its not a post about what i THINK about any of the services offered at PP. 

its about the WORDS THEY USED TO NAME IT. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Replies (131-136):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Um, you are the one who called her names.  She said IGNORANCE is showing, which means: Lack of knowledge or information.  That was not an insult.  Telling her to change her name to "AlwaysBitchy" is an insult. 

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah. the nicest. i bet. 

so, its nice to call someone ignorant as the first statement she makes to someone? ive never seen her before, and she doesnt know me. so how is it NICE? because she doesnt agree with my opinion on a name? its just a name. i only wanted to discuss it. but no. im called ignorant. because she is the nicest woman on CM 

sure :) 

Quoting tansyflower:

LMAO!  kk is one of the nicest woman of here :)

Quoting Anonymous:

you should change your name to 'alwaysbitchy' 

and point in fact, no they DO NOT. i called the one here and i was told they DO NOT help you get pregnant. 

Quoting alwayskk:

They actually do help couples who want to plan their kids. Your ignorance is showing.

Faeyette
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

WooHoo! you can repeat yourself! So can I!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Faeyette:

Well different branches do provide different services, I had to drive to the one 45 min away 'cause the one 10 min away didn't offer annual check ups. And it is possible they changed it since their government funding got pulled. I haven't been to one in 3 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

when i called the one here they told me they didnt offer those things. they said they offer STD tests, PG tests, birthcontrol, condoms, and referrals if you need other services

Quoting Faeyette:

You know in addition to giving out low cost/free bc, they regular ob/gyn care for people with low income and/or no insurance. They do actually provide prenatal care for people who can't aford a regular dr. So, yeah it's a full functioning ob/gyn for people who don't have enough money or insurance. Before I got tricare through my hubby I went there.

BabyFruit Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Huh?  I am not the same ANON in this convo (who said they just do STD tests or whatever).  LOL.  I am just quoting the posts that I agree with to bump them forward so they can be read by others.. 

Quoting Faeyette:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Faeyette:

Well different branches do provide different services, I had to drive to the one 45 min away 'cause the one 10 min away didn't offer annual check ups. And it is possible they changed it since their government funding got pulled. I haven't been to one in 3 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

when i called the one here they told me they didnt offer those things. they said they offer STD tests, PG tests, birthcontrol, condoms, and referrals if you need other services

Quoting Faeyette:

You know in addition to giving out low cost/free bc, they regular ob/gyn care for people with low income and/or no insurance. They do actually provide prenatal care for people who can't aford a regular dr. So, yeah it's a full functioning ob/gyn for people who don't have enough money or insurance. Before I got tricare through my hubby I went there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

LOL. I haven't read any replies but you do need to understand that you must plan parenthood. Planning means you decide when you are ready to be a parent. You take  birth control pills, or you use a diaphragm, or you use a condom so that you can plan. Is that so hard to get?  PLANNED Parenthood. That is easy to understand for me.

I swear there are some really young chicks posting here. Or illiterate. Hard to tell.

Faeyette
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

oops sorry. Damn all these anons! it gets so confusing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Huh?  I am not the same ANON in this convo (who said they just do STD tests or whatever).  LOL.  I am just quoting the posts that I agree with to bump them forward so they can be read by others.. 

Quoting Faeyette:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Faeyette:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Faeyette:

BabyFruit Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2012 at 6:57 PM

If you are seriously unable to see how " your ignorance is showing" is used as an insult, then im not sure what to tell you. saying someone is ignorant is one thing. but to use a euphemism to be an ass, is entirely different. 

and  your right i called her a bitch. big deal. but i dont try to pretend its not offensive. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Um, you are the one who called her names.  She said IGNORANCE is showing, which means: Lack of knowledge or information.  That was not an insult.  Telling her to change her name to "AlwaysBitchy" is an insult. 

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah. the nicest. i bet. 

so, its nice to call someone ignorant as the first statement she makes to someone? ive never seen her before, and she doesnt know me. so how is it NICE? because she doesnt agree with my opinion on a name? its just a name. i only wanted to discuss it. but no. im called ignorant. because she is the nicest woman on CM 

sure :) 

Quoting tansyflower:

LMAO!  kk is one of the nicest woman of here :)

Quoting Anonymous:

you should change your name to 'alwaysbitchy' 

and point in fact, no they DO NOT. i called the one here and i was told they DO NOT help you get pregnant. 

Quoting alwayskk:

They actually do help couples who want to plan their kids. Your ignorance is showing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)