Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously? planned parenthood?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It should be called UNplanned NONparenthood. 

they dont plan parenthood, they dont help you become a parent, they dont plan it for you. 

they plan for you NOT to become parents

*Edit* 

i never said i hated the place, or disagreed with it lol. i LOVE that PP is there for people who need it. 

i just think the name is misleading :P 

it doesn't plan parent hoods :P 

it helps you plan to NOT have a parenthood. 

This has nothing to do with the clinic its self. or the services. nor does it have anything to do with whether i agree with them or not (i DO agree with PP being there) 

my ONLY topic on this discussion was the NAME. which did NOT make sense. 

now, thanks to someone who was willing to explain it, i understand. so its all good.

this wasnt a post bashing planned parenthood. this isnt a post about abortion (dont even know why that was brought up) and its not a post about what i THINK about any of the services offered at PP. 

its about the WORDS THEY USED TO NAME IT. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM

then that is her bad, assuming she knew you. sorry

and your right i did not say that, that was my mistake. 

Quoting alwayskk:

I don't know that chick. I'm not responsible for her thoughts.

You didn't say, "in point of fact". Also, the free dictionary tends to include incorrect idioms that people perpetuate, even though they are grammatically incorrect.

Quoting Anonymous:

yup. you are definately one of the nicests woman on CM. just like your friend said :) 

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/in+point+of+fact

Quoting alwayskk:

I think you mean case in point, moron.

Quoting Anonymous:

you should change your name to 'alwaysbitchy' 

and point in fact, no they DO NOT. i called the one here and i was told they DO NOT help you get pregnant. 

Quoting alwayskk:

They actually do help couples who want to plan their kids. Your ignorance is showing.

tansyflower
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM

lol we are not "friends."

but kk has been around here a LONG time and her posts and comments are usually right on point and thought provoking.  she is very moderate which can be hard to find of cafemom.

i can classify someone as being nice without having coffee with them every morning.  there are a LOT of very cruel and mean spirited woman on cafemom and to compare kk to them is just asinine and shows your ignorance of this board in general.

Quoting Anonymous:

yup. you are definately one of the nicests woman on CM. just like your friend said :) 

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting Anonymous:

and point in fact, no they DO NOT. i called the one here and i was told they DO NOT help you get pregnant. 

Quoting alwayskk:

They actually do help couples who want to plan their kids. Your ignorance is showing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM

alwaysk may not feel ignorant is an insult. but you definately know that you are being insulting and on purpose. 

Quoting tansyflower:

she wont understand that because she has a very low comprehension of the basic meanings of words.

Quoting alwayskk:

ignorant isn't an insult.

tansyflower
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM

no its your bad for ASSuming we are friends just because i said that someone is nice.

htere are a lot of infamous cafemoms on here.....

betty.white.

futurshock

multipara

bananahammock

randomosityblog

and thats to name a few......and yes alwayskk goes on ym list of people i take notice of because she is one of the "nicer" cafemoms on here.  its easy to become well known for being a total bitch and kk is not anything like that.

just because there are members who are well known does not mean that i am personally "Friends" with any of them.  they just happen to post a lot :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alwayskk:

You didn't say, "in point of fact". Also, the free dictionary tends to include incorrect idioms that people perpetuate, even though they are grammatically incorrect.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alwayskk:

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM
I went there for birth control and pap smears.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM
I went there for birth control and pap smears.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM

you talk as if i care. thats funny. 

i dont know any of those people. i dont know you and i dont know alwaysk. i based my opinion of her off her first response. i was incorrect and i apologiesed to her for it. 

you however, i have not judged incorrectly. you  most definately are a bitch and i am done with this conversation

Quoting tansyflower:

no its your bad for ASSuming we are friends just because i said that someone is nice.

htere are a lot of infamous cafemoms on here.....

betty.white.

futurshock

multipara

bananahammock

randomosityblog

and thats to name a few......and yes alwayskk goes on ym list of people i take notice of because she is one of the "nicer" cafemoms on here.  its easy to become well known for being a total bitch and kk is not anything like that.

just because there are members who are well known does not mean that i am personally "Friends" with any of them.  they just happen to post a lot :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alwayskk:

tansyflower
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

sigh....because you misunderstood what being ignorant is of course my fault.  if you understood  the meaning of word ignorant you wouldnt take a comment like "your ignorance is showing" as an insult.  you have a poor comprehension of the word and that was not an insult, it was a fact.  are you following?

Quoting Anonymous:

alwaysk may not feel ignorant is an insult. but you definately know that you are being insulting and on purpose. 

Quoting tansyflower:

she wont understand that because she has a very low comprehension of the basic meanings of words.

Quoting alwayskk:

ignorant isn't an insult.

alwayskk
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM

No problem. Just for future reference, everyone is ignorant about something. I'm pretty ignorant about brain surgery, for example. But I'm not going to post anonymously and show everyone how ignorant I am about medicine. That is why ignorance is not an insult.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mrs.Jeremy
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured