Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Labor & delivery

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My b/f is scared to be in the delivery room! He doesnt want to, but i am making him since I dont want to be alone. He says he wont look, and that he might feel differently toward me or the baby if he sees it coming out.

Is this a common thing with men or do I have an asshole boufriend?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Same. He said the entire pregnancy he wasn't going to stay.
I didn't blame him because I saw my mom give birth when I was 13. Lol.
But he ended up staying, held my leg while I pushed. Fanned me when I was sweating.
I kept telling him leave, but he stayed.
After I had her he said he stayed because he was sure I was going to pass away. I am usually very even.tempered, relaxed. He had never seen me ever say I can't do something and the entire time I was pushing I was changing "I can't do it!"

Quoting gigismom102:

my hubby didn't want to but stayed anyway

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinkerbellbay
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
My dh didn't look he sat next to me holding my hand. Then when it came time for baby to come out he covered his head lmao. It was not a big deal to me. And I nt sure if I would have wanted him to see:) well and even if he would have wanted to he would not have been able to there were 5 nurses 2 doctors and a EMT there she came faster then that thought. And were nit ready. The EMT was watching for training. I would not change that he didn't watch.
jennient3
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM

my hubby was paranoid to have sex once I had a big belly! We would do everything else, just no intercourse...lol. He is very squemish, and was afraid to be in the delivery room with all three kids, but he stuck it out fo rme, and just never looked down there, but at one point he almost fainted, he said just because of the smell of the blood.

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM

My husband is smart enough to know what happens when you have sex.  Sometimes babies come out and it isnt pretty.  He was supportive during every step and wouldnt make things more stressful for me by worrying about his needs.  Even if he thought it was gross he wouldnt share that.

jjjtuck
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM

My husband was more afraid of the fact that he would see blood and the other fluids that go with it..to be honest i didn't want him looking either. i was totally fine if he wanted to be behind me rubbing my back/shoulders, helping me push that way. My man can't even get is blood drawn without nearly fainting. If he has an IV in and they take blood that way he can't look because sometimes the blood creeps up the tube! but you know what in the end after our son was born he was the first to hold him blood and all and he didn't care. He watched me give birth but still can't change poopy diapers!

paulswife208
by Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

when I was pregnant for the first time my husband kept telling me that he was just going to stay up by my head. But when the day finally came he couldn't stop looking at our daughter coming out. So don't worry about him being freaked out. I think sometimes we forget that they're scared too.

hdecker1217
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM
This (except it was my ex, not husband).. And my ex also refused to cut the cord. Really hurt my feelings, but my mom just did it..

Quoting DelaneyD:

my husband wanted to be in there but he didnt want to look...but he did take a couple peeks during

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

It is very common. When all is said a nd done, he will be glad that he stayed and witnessed the birth of his child

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM

My DH wanted to be there, looking and everything. He found it quite spectacular.

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Very common...he'll get over it. lol This is your 1st baby isn't it? Hubby was afraid to look at 1st too but he did, lol, he even touched her hair before she was out, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN