Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Terrified of giving birth to my baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

I'm terrified of labor!!!! I am not new to this,had a baby 7 years ago,yet here i am scared as hell about what it soon to come!!! idk how to get over this... :( I just needed to get it out

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaxkitty
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Honestly, I would be scared too:/

Sorry, try and distract yourself.

spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 3:08 AM
I understand. I'm with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopinforanother
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this
It's scary when you think about it but it's not that bad once you are doing it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Faeyette
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 3:19 AM

I'm defnintely terrified to. This is my first though. Any day now!

BabyFruit Ticker

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 3:36 AM
1 mom liked this

It's really not as scary as you would think. Once things start moving along, all fear goes out the window and you're just focused on seeing your baby. :) I'm pregnant with my second and am already excited to have a little baby again.

prinzesstephi
by Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 3:38 AM
Lol I was scared with all four of mine. It's just one of those things that you have to keep reminding yourself that it won't kill you and it will be worth it in the end lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chrismomto5
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I was scared when I had my first.  I was barely 18 when I gave birth.  However, I was petrified the second time around (my first two are almost 25mnths apart.)  I remembered how bad labor was and how much it hurt and I was so scared I wouldn't be able to go through it again!  
I really think the second birth is the worst for women because they KNOW what to expect.  
I will tell you that the third and fourth birth did not scare me at all.  I had already survived two deliveries and knew I could to it again.   

camsmami
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 4:06 AM
I was terrified! I was all about a C-section because I was scared of the.pain.. But I'm glad I gave birth naturally. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Even if it was painful. Lol

Its okay mama, and they have epi-durals for a reason!

Quoting Faeyette:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2012 at 4:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I was scared but I was so glad I went in knowing I was gonna get drugs, are you getting drugs? If you are don't let anyone make you feel bad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Faeyette
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My drs are telling me there's a good chance I'll need a c-section, cause at my last ultrasound 3 weeks ago he was already 8lbs, and his shoulders were bigger than his head. At first they told me to start doing my research and make a decision, then they said they aren't going to recommend it until they do another ultrasound, and it's very nerve-wracking that a decision hasn't been made yet. Ultrasound is on tuesday and they plan on making the final call then. I think I'm just as terrified of a c-section 'cause it's a major surgery lol, but I've looked into the big shoulder situation and I prefer major surgery to massive ripping that will lead to major surgery and longer recovery.

Quoting camsmami:

I was terrified! I was all about a C-section because I was scared of the.pain.. But I'm glad I gave birth naturally. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Even if it was painful. Lol

Its okay mama, and they have epi-durals for a reason!

Quoting Faeyette:

BabyFruit Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)