Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Terrified of giving birth to my baby

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm terrified of labor!!!! I am not new to this,had a baby 7 years ago,yet here i am scared as hell about what it soon to come!!! idk how to get over this... :( I just needed to get it out

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Replies (31-36):
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Don't let them feed you that crap.  Women can birth huge babies. Also, the u/s's are frequently wrong. They use scare tactics to make things more convenient for them.

Quoting Faeyette:

My drs are telling me there's a good chance I'll need a c-section, cause at my last ultrasound 3 weeks ago he was already 8lbs, and his shoulders were bigger than his head. At first they told me to start doing my research and make a decision, then they said they aren't going to recommend it until they do another ultrasound, and it's very nerve-wracking that a decision hasn't been made yet. Ultrasound is on tuesday and they plan on making the final call then. I think I'm just as terrified of a c-section 'cause it's a major surgery lol, but I've looked into the big shoulder situation and I prefer major surgery to massive ripping that will lead to major surgery and longer recovery.

Quoting camsmami:

I was terrified! I was all about a C-section because I was scared of the.pain.. But I'm glad I gave birth naturally. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Even if it was painful. Lol

Its okay mama, and they have epi-durals for a reason!

Quoting Faeyette:

I'm defnintely terrified to. This is my first though. Any day now!

Faeyette
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Alright, I don't want to take away from the OP's post anymore, so I started a new one. Please continue the debate here: http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/15728065/Broad_shouldered_baby_sorry_long

Missleelee89
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I was terrified too! I didn't want to...lol but I was so up on adrenaline and excitement and being nervous all at the same time... That before I knew it, I was pushing... And my son was here... I couldn't believe I had the strength to do that.. it will all be fine! ELV's sent your way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepsmiles
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM

We are all scared of the unknown. What I'm really scared of is having a 2 year old and a baby at the same time when my hubs goes back to work. Now thats scary!!!

activitymode
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I've had medicated birth, natural no drugs birth, and a c section. I would choose natural no drug birth any day of the week. Yep, it sucked, but I was up and walking around a half hour after he was born.

Quoting Faeyette:

My drs are telling me there's a good chance I'll need a c-section, cause at my last ultrasound 3 weeks ago he was already 8lbs, and his shoulders were bigger than his head. At first they told me to start doing my research and make a decision, then they said they aren't going to recommend it until they do another ultrasound, and it's very nerve-wracking that a decision hasn't been made yet. Ultrasound is on tuesday and they plan on making the final call then. I think I'm just as terrified of a c-section 'cause it's a major surgery lol, but I've looked into the big shoulder situation and I prefer major surgery to massive ripping that will lead to major surgery and longer recovery.

Quoting camsmami:

I was terrified! I was all about a C-section because I was scared of the.pain.. But I'm glad I gave birth naturally. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Even if it was painful. Lol

Quoting Faeyette:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..guesswho..
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM
No need to be snarky. I was trying to encourage you, damn.

Quoting Faeyette:

See my last responce. Weight isn't the only issue. I've done my research.

Quoting ..guesswho..:

Chances are you would deliver just fine. Ultrasounds are normally way off on guessing weight. Women have given birth to much larger babies and were fine.

Quoting Faeyette:

Quoting camsmami:

Quoting Faeyette:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)