Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my sons school has bugged us for the past 2 yrs...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think that schools try to put to many kids on medicine?

Options:

yes I really do

yes but it doesn't really concern me

not at all

no but they covinced me to put my kid(s) on it.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

to put him on ADHD medicine..I realize that there are kids that need this medicine I understand this..but...I've had him tested and the doctors couldn't figure out why the school wanted me to have him put on the medicine or have him tested. So last year I thought we had this settled well O no they are still pestering me about it. My son gets good grades doesn't hurt other kids. He isn't an angel and he does get in trouble but not everyday and the things he does is so stupid that its not even worth saying. The thing that bothers me is that half of the kids in this school are on this medicine and I found this out by accident waiting in the office...this school is pissing me off they are about to unleash a crazy mom b/c I said no once,twice..THREE times this year..I've had it! Now I see why people homeschool and if I could I sure the hell would..public schools wanna drug your kids and make them zombies..its seriously distrubing.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Replies (61-66):
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Flat out your the mom if you don't think he needs it -- end of discussion Period. 

It's not your job to worry about the other 28 kids in the class. ( IMO when I hear something like that I think of my mom telling me well if so and so jumped off a bridge would you)

Some school/ teachers are worst then other. The first teacher my son had last year--  she expected the children to sit all day ( minus recessof course but she would take that away as punishment) march in a straight line and they didn't have any free time in the class room, free time was reading. We had him evaluated per her request and the very next day she walks up to me and says I don't know what meds they put him of but it's not working.  I switched his teacher and haven't had a problem like that since.   I told my husband and his teacher ( she's has said a few little things)  As long as He's pulling great grades I'm over looking the little things. His lowest grade is a 98 and she gives him harder work then most of the children in the class.

I would talk to the teacher have him sent to the principles office to call you if he's being that bad.

Did I read that right--- the school evaluates and dishes out the meds. NO-NO-No that sounds really screwed up.

Aimeeo0o21
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

i totally had to delete my last reply because i thought u were the other woman trying to tell me that i had a bratty kid lol. sorry!! lol

Mrs.Jeremy
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Quoting Aimeeo0o21:

i totally had to delete my last reply because i thought u were the other woman trying to tell me that i had a bratty kid lol. sorry!! lol

I was like..what?! I was so confused! lol..thats ok :)

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Jeremy
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Quoting snowangel1979:

Flat out your the mom if you don't think he needs it -- end of discussion Period. 

It's not your job to worry about the other 28 kids in the class. ( IMO when I hear something like that I think of my mom telling me well if so and so jumped off a bridge would you)

Some school/ teachers are worst then other. The first teacher my son had last year--  she expected the children to sit all day ( minus recessof course but she would take that away as punishment) march in a straight line and they didn't have any free time in the class room, free time was reading. We had him evaluated per her request and the very next day she walks up to me and says I don't know what meds they put him of but it's not working.  I switched his teacher and haven't had a problem like that since.   I told my husband and his teacher ( she's has said a few little things)  As long as He's pulling great grades I'm over looking the little things. His lowest grade is a 98 and she gives him harder work then most of the children in the class.

I would talk to the teacher have him sent to the principles office to call you if he's being that bad.

Did I read that right--- the school evaluates and dishes out the meds. NO-NO-No that sounds really screwed up.

yes you read right my husband has had himself a field day with that school we are looking to move so he can go to a different school I asked him is he uncomfortable at school he says he loves it but feels like he gets picked on by his teacher...I don't know if she doesn't like us b/c we voice our thoughts on things...thank you for sharing your story w/me :)

CafeMom Tickers
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

its one of the reasons i homeschool (i say that a lot if you notice, cause there are a LOT of reasons for it) my DD is autistic, and they wanted her on ADHD meds to keep her quiet becuase they couldnt handle her. so i took her out. next year she is going to a special school for HFA :)

soon2bemomof307
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN