Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 6 year old son still sleeps with me

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

When My son was a baby I was very addamit that he was not going to sleep with me. When he would wake up I would lay back in bed and nurse him and go back to sleep, I'd wake up awhile later and put him in his crib. After he turned one he would sleep in his crib all night. Then when he was 2 1/2 he learned how to craw out of his crib however he always goes to be in his bed. Ever since he wakes up in the middle of the night and sleeps with me. After he turned 5 I decided it was time to figure something out so I gave him and incentive 30 days in his bed meant a day at chuck-e cheese. He did it. It lasted for awhile then it started again. Last summer however never happened not once did he climb in my bed. Once school started so did him in my bed. My mom says I should lock my door but I can not do that. I fear that if I did something bad would happen. It does not really bother me as much as it bother my mom. I should also state that I am single and when I have had a boyfriend here he understands that he has to sleep in his bed.

19.jpg Not Every Player Is A Guy image by th3_n3k0_0n3

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM

If it doesn't really bother you then I don't really see the problem. He feels comforted by being in your bed. He won't do it forever. I wouldn't worry about it.

Shawndra_c
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM

My brother slept in bed with my mom until he was 12!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM
My 6 yr old ds sleeps with me too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BriHan06
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM

My 5 year old DD still sleeps with us most nights.

Shawndra_c
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

My almost 9 year old still sleeps with me. Im single too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured