Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I have a good reason to be mad?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so I got my school money today (loan left overs) and I bought me and DH a much needed new mattress and am going to use it to pay next mths rent so we can "get ahead" We recently loss 1000 a mth because I am now a SAHM. DH makes more than enough to pay bills but like i said I just wanted to get ahead. And basically start a savings. So after paying some bills the mattress and money for rent I have 600 left. So DH calls me and says he is going to get us a new sofa. it was like 1600 we would have to put down 700 and the rest would be in-house financed. UGH I WAS PISSED. We do need new sofas but we will be fine for now. 

Now let me tell you why I'm mad. I am mad because I wanted a e reader lol either a tablet or a kindle fire. I wanted one for Christmas and DH didn't get me them instead got me UGG boots. Well I could use this to Download my books to from school and plus I love to read. 

Well we wouldn't have "extra" money to get it if he got the sofa

Would you be upset or am I being spoiled?

I also think AF is about to show up for the first time after my miscarriage last mth. So I know I am more irritated then I should be but what do you think??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt have accepted more money than I needed for school because I wouldnt want more debt.  THat is just me.  I would not buy a sofa OR an e reader and pay interest.  Especially for the sofa.  Interest on the loan and interest on the store financing.  UGH. 

jpalmer
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats what I was thinking...thays ALOT for a freaking couch...lol

Quoting kngarber:

1600.00 for a couch.  That alone would piss me off.  That is ignorant. 

I am cheap...can you tell.  LOL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:39 PM

My whole living room set I am saving to buy isn't even that much and it has a couch, loveseat, ottaman, and two end tables! LOL!

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

kirstn007
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Haha yeah right she does end up payin way more. i sent my last loan back from school its way too expensive

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I wouldnt have accepted more money than I needed for school because I wouldnt want more debt.  THat is just me.  I would not buy a sofa OR an e reader and pay interest.  Especially for the sofa.  Interest on the loan and interest on the store financing.  UGH. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM
We just got a black leather ashley loveseat and couch brand new from furniture wearhouse for $400 and it has two reclining seats...lmao

Quoting kngarber:

My whole living room set I am saving to buy isn't even that much and it has a couch, loveseat, ottaman, and two end tables! LOL!

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My uncle passed away last year and he had just ordered a $10,000 custom made sectional sofa.  Super nice but nobody knew what to do with it....  It looks great next to my $200 ashley chair.  LMAO!  Its nice and comfey but who pays that much for a couch right??

Quoting kngarber:

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah it was a bit much! He didnt end up getting it. And now ALL OF A SUDDEN he wants to go get me a e reader lol. 

Quoting jpalmer:

We just got a black leather ashley loveseat and couch brand new from furniture wearhouse for $400 and it has two reclining seats...lmao

Quoting kngarber:

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

SLJoJo27
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM

1600 for a couch?? seriously?? 

2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Aun flow is AF

Quoting singlemom1208:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

you poor little thing with such BIG problems

I NEVER once said I have problems. Let alone BIG problems. I am just upset. thanks though. 

sorry, your post sounded a little whiny. sorry about your miscarriage. btw, what does AF mean?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Well then no more reason to be mad, right :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah it was a bit much! He didnt end up getting it. And now ALL OF A SUDDEN he wants to go get me a e reader lol. 

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN