Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I have a good reason to be mad?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so I got my school money today (loan left overs) and I bought me and DH a much needed new mattress and am going to use it to pay next mths rent so we can "get ahead" We recently loss 1000 a mth because I am now a SAHM. DH makes more than enough to pay bills but like i said I just wanted to get ahead. And basically start a savings. So after paying some bills the mattress and money for rent I have 600 left. So DH calls me and says he is going to get us a new sofa. it was like 1600 we would have to put down 700 and the rest would be in-house financed. UGH I WAS PISSED. We do need new sofas but we will be fine for now. 

Now let me tell you why I'm mad. I am mad because I wanted a e reader lol either a tablet or a kindle fire. I wanted one for Christmas and DH didn't get me them instead got me UGG boots. Well I could use this to Download my books to from school and plus I love to read. 

Well we wouldn't have "extra" money to get it if he got the sofa

Would you be upset or am I being spoiled?

I also think AF is about to show up for the first time after my miscarriage last mth. So I know I am more irritated then I should be but what do you think??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt have accepted more money than I needed for school because I wouldnt want more debt.  THat is just me.  I would not buy a sofa OR an e reader and pay interest.  Especially for the sofa.  Interest on the loan and interest on the store financing.  UGH. 

jpalmer
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats what I was thinking...thays ALOT for a freaking couch...lol

Quoting kngarber:

1600.00 for a couch.  That alone would piss me off.  That is ignorant. 

I am cheap...can you tell.  LOL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by Katie on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:39 PM

My whole living room set I am saving to buy isn't even that much and it has a couch, loveseat, ottaman, and two end tables! LOL!

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

kirstn007
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Haha yeah right she does end up payin way more. i sent my last loan back from school its way too expensive

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I wouldnt have accepted more money than I needed for school because I wouldnt want more debt.  THat is just me.  I would not buy a sofa OR an e reader and pay interest.  Especially for the sofa.  Interest on the loan and interest on the store financing.  UGH. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM
We just got a black leather ashley loveseat and couch brand new from furniture wearhouse for $400 and it has two reclining seats...lmao

Quoting kngarber:

My whole living room set I am saving to buy isn't even that much and it has a couch, loveseat, ottaman, and two end tables! LOL!

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My uncle passed away last year and he had just ordered a $10,000 custom made sectional sofa.  Super nice but nobody knew what to do with it....  It looks great next to my $200 ashley chair.  LMAO!  Its nice and comfey but who pays that much for a couch right??

Quoting kngarber:

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah it was a bit much! He didnt end up getting it. And now ALL OF A SUDDEN he wants to go get me a e reader lol. 

Quoting jpalmer:

We just got a black leather ashley loveseat and couch brand new from furniture wearhouse for $400 and it has two reclining seats...lmao

Quoting kngarber:

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

SLJoJo27
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM

1600 for a couch?? seriously?? 

2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Aun flow is AF

Quoting singlemom1208:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

you poor little thing with such BIG problems

I NEVER once said I have problems. Let alone BIG problems. I am just upset. thanks though. 

sorry, your post sounded a little whiny. sorry about your miscarriage. btw, what does AF mean?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by Katie on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Well then no more reason to be mad, right :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah it was a bit much! He didnt end up getting it. And now ALL OF A SUDDEN he wants to go get me a e reader lol. 

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

Quoting jpalmer:

Quoting kngarber:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)