Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Uni-brow?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

would you shave/tweeze your childs unibrow to avoid teasing?

Today at the doctors office two older girls (roughly six and seven or so) were playing with DD (three years old) and one whispered "that girls eye brows are funny!" which of course made DD ask "whats wrong with my eyebrows mommy?" i told her absolutely nothing, and that those girls are just silly, and we ignore people who say mean things because sometimes other kids dont know better. But  my question is, with her starting prek in august, is this something i should be concerned about? she has dark hair, so it is fairly prominent. i dont want to change anything about her because we think she is perfect just the way she is, but for her sake, should we shave it to help her avoid ridicule? (i say shave because we would never pluck or wax her!!)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mirabile_visu
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

You just have to keep telling her she's beautiful and that those other kids are very ugly on the inside if they tease her.

praisinghim2day
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Personally, I have waxed my dd's eyebrows (and even youngest ds's) because of unibrow or near unibrow.  They are currently 12 and 9 and have done it for a long time now.  I say do whatever you feel is right.  Doing it doesn't mean you don't think your child is "perfect". 

flymilly
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Yea sure just shave the middle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Honestly....yes.

I would probably not "shave" it though. I would get one of those little facial hair trimmers, th eones you see on infomercials that are safe to the touch. they sell them EVERYWHERE now. and you wouldn't have to worry about knicking your daughters face :(

it's hard enough getting through school at any age....especially if you have something about you that you know people will pick on you for.

i would say save your daughter the anguish of being teased :( it's an awful thing to have to deal with in life.

Robe739IsBack
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this
*shrugs* At 3 years old?

I say, teach her that inner beauty is what is important first & foremost.

Then, tell her how beautiful she is OFTEN!

When she's'13, if she complains about her brows, approach the topic then.

A 3yo shouldnt be at all concerned with appearance, IMHO. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXomommaXoXo
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

Honestly....yes.

I would probably not "shave" it though. I would get one of those little facial hair trimmers, th eones you see on infomercials that are safe to the touch. they sell them EVERYWHERE now. and you wouldn't have to worry about knicking your daughters face :(

it's hard enough getting through school at any age....especially if you have something about you that you know people will pick on you for.

i would say save your daughter the anguish of being teased :( it's an awful thing to have to deal with in life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I do agree with this.

But these kids nowadays...are ruthless...even at such a young age :( it's really sad to see actually. i've seen 9 year old girls punch other girls over bracelets and crap. it's bad now. bullying is a huge issue in our society and sadly it is becoming more and more prominent amoungst the younger children. :(

it's always good to focus on inner beauty and i'm sure (even with a darker more full brow) your daughter is still a gorgeous angel!! :D

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

*shrugs* At 3 years old?

I say, teach her that inner beauty is what is important first & foremost.

Then, tell her how beautiful she is OFTEN!

When she's'13, if she complains about her brows, approach the topic then.

A 3yo shouldnt be at all concerned with appearance, IMHO. ;)

MommySwag88
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

My daughter tried shaving her legs, yeah i didnt know about it until i seen the bloody tissue in the trash. She said her legs are too hairy and they shouldnt be (she is 6 btw) I told her to worry about it when she gets in middle school lol but as far as eyebrows, kids can be pretty cruel, so I wouldnt have a problem with it 

DomoniqueWS
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Sometimes it goes away, it thins out and disappears.  Also, if she thinks nothing is wrong with her eyebrows, why plant that seed in her head by shaving her eyebrows.  I'm a ssuming she is a young child.

And just FYI, if you shave facial hair, it comes back thicker. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Yes do it, I was that little girl and my mom didn't do it til I was in The 6th grade! : (

Please tell her that she is beautiful but it's the same as getting a haircut or brushing your teeth, its called grooming and personal hygiene

Edit: if u can and there's no teasing then wait til maybe she's like 8-9
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN