Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uni-brow?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

would you shave/tweeze your childs unibrow to avoid teasing?

Today at the doctors office two older girls (roughly six and seven or so) were playing with DD (three years old) and one whispered "that girls eye brows are funny!" which of course made DD ask "whats wrong with my eyebrows mommy?" i told her absolutely nothing, and that those girls are just silly, and we ignore people who say mean things because sometimes other kids dont know better. But  my question is, with her starting prek in august, is this something i should be concerned about? she has dark hair, so it is fairly prominent. i dont want to change anything about her because we think she is perfect just the way she is, but for her sake, should we shave it to help her avoid ridicule? (i say shave because we would never pluck or wax her!!)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Replies (21-24):
Poohy1975
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I know for a fact i wouldn't. My DD has some MAJOR eyebrows but is scared to death of the pain.She's been made fun of  because of it a few times. She's 13 but i would never force her to do it. One time we tried and she squeezed her eyes really tight right as i went to grab a hair. Unfortunately when she squeezed  i tried to pull a hair out.But the only thing that came was a piece of skin.That was about 6 months ago.She hasn't asked for me to do it since,lol. Plus i felt sooooo bad.

RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Waxing would be the best option. It's over in one quick swipe and it lasts for ages. If you shave she will have stubble and if you don't do it every day it will appear thicker and darker because the ends are blunt and cut rather than tapering naturally. You'd need to wait for it to fall out and be replaced before it looked natural again which can take ages.
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM
My 5 year old likes me to pluck hers. When she isn't afraid of the pain, I will take her to get it waxed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I waxed my 2nd grader.  SHe had bert eyebrows.  I just had her go to the salon when I got mine waxed and waited for her to notice hers were bushy. SHe did and asked to get hers waxed.  It isnt a big deal.  TO me your question is like asking, should I brush my childs hair?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured