Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pee stinks. help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

my pee stinks, and its really dark. its been like that for a while now BUT! i drink water all the time. i'm talking AT LEAST 2 liters a day of just plain water! i dont drink anything else (well, sometimes i have to get the flavored water sold at my job, if all the reg water is gone).

i do have micro albumin. can that be it? my doctor kinda sucks and didnt really explain what it is- and i've tried to google it... i know it means my kidney isnt retaining it and its going into my urine-- but i dont know what "it" is or how it affects me and my urine.

i have another doc appt- with an OBGYN in mid-feb, where i'll be asking questions and hopefully getting answers

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2012 at 8:06 AM

oh! also, i'm not taking any meds for the microalbumin thing... am i supposed to? i'm only on a blood pressure med

jas_momof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Don't know what to tell you...  But there are many blood pressure meds that double as kidney meds...

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Micro albumin is the result of dmage to the kidneys, usually as result of poorly controlled hypertension and/or diabetes.

Are you monitoring your blood pressure? Have you been diagnosed with diabetes? You should definately seek the advice of another M.D. since the one you have clearly isn't keeping things under control. If left unchecked, you could end up with significant renal damage. I don't mean to scare you but this is something that can and should be controlled.

When you say your urine is dark, do you mean dark yellow or dark like tea colored?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM

its dark like tea.

and sadly, i'm not medically monitoring anything. he told me to keep my diet in check and take my med (which is for the high blood pressure).. but i dont have a way to check it other than in the store- and its the same its always been... hypertension/pre-hypertension levels. i'm "pre-diabetic"- but again, i havent been given anything to aid it, other than "keep your diet in check". the earliest that the obgyn could get me in, was Feb and while i've been living like this for a LONG time- i hope these weeks dont do more damage than whats there. (ive been having the same blood pressure readings like that for at least 2 years although the dark pee is new)

Quoting bullemhead:

Micro albumin is the result of dmage to the kidneys, usually as result of poorly controlled hypertension and/or diabetes.

Are you monitoring your blood pressure? Have you been diagnosed with diabetes? You should definately seek the advice of another M.D. since the one you have clearly isn't keeping things under control. If left unchecked, you could end up with significant renal damage. I don't mean to scare you but this is something that can and should be controlled.

When you say your urine is dark, do you mean dark yellow or dark like tea colored?

pamelam20
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM
My friend had the same thing happen, but it turned out she had a form of hepatitis. Definitely go get it checked out, hopefully it is something you can monitor and control! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WaitingOnPeanut
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Sounds like a UTI. 

WaitingOnPeanut
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Or something related to your conditoin. I had a UTI once & it made my pee smell & it was really dark. Hope you get better fast!

Quoting WaitingOnPeanut:

Sounds like a UTI. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM

my std/hiv came back all negative.

and the uti- nothing else is bad. like it doesnt hurt to pee or anything like that. =/ its just dark and it reeks

Quoting pamelam20:

My friend had the same thing happen, but it turned out she had a form of hepatitis. Definitely go get it checked out, hopefully it is something you can monitor and control! Good luck!

1_hawt_mami
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Id see another dr before February
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelam20
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Glad it want anything like that. I hope you get it figured out and it is nothing serious!

Quoting Anonymous:

my std/hiv came back all negative.

and the uti- nothing else is bad. like it doesnt hurt to pee or anything like that. =/ its just dark and it reeks

Quoting pamelam20:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)