Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've had several women tell me they got this prescription from their dr.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Smoking marijuana is the cure for morning sickness?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Whoever told u that is a fkn idiot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsChairez
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Um, I seriously doubt it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paulswife208
by Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I've heard that too.

DomoniqueWS
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

It actually does help,. used to be used back in the days before pharmaceuticals.  But, the most beneficial would be to ingest, to avoid inhaling smoke.  If you ingest, everything about smoking weed that is bad for a fetus is eliminated because the smoke is the only concern, lack of oxygen.

I have never done this, but I say natural is better than any pill.  

jessie82087
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Well, I never smoked while pregnant. But smoking certainly helps me with nausea (helped a WHOLE FUCKING LOT when I had the stomach bug the other day).

I believe it. You don't have to SMOKE the pot, there are other ways to use it.

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I certainly hope they are living in a state where that is legal. I would also tell them that they could lose custody of their child the moment it is born if drugs are found in the babies system. If that is in fact the case, it would behoove them to keep it to the themselves. I dont buy it for a second, though. Although not impossible, I find it hard to believe that any physician would prescribe medical marijuana for morning sickness. I would love to see their prescriptions. Did you ask if it came in a ziplock? lol

arkansasmama08
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Lol. That's a new one to me. Where do you live? A lot of states allow medical use of marijuana and I've heard people say it doesn't affect the baby. Not saying its true, but I've heard it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM
They do say that in Europe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM
If smoking helps with nausea then maybe people should consider that electronic cigarette...i would never harm my baby with weed smoke or cig smoke...but kudos to who smokes while pregnant...ur body ur decision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM

yes i have heard this...in fact one of my friends was told this "off the record" by her obgyn because the anti nausea meds didnt work for her and she was losing so much weight/fluid she was going to have to be hospitalized if she didnt find something that would help her keep food and liquid down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)