Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is it rude to...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

is it rude to tell other peoples children to be quiet or calm down?

were having company today and shes bringing her 2 kids, and my aunt is also bringing her son. and with all them put together its chaos ! and my friend doesnt tell her kids anything ! seriously i got a headache last time they were here, but i enjoy her company. can i tell them ALL to be quiet ? including my little cousin? or what to do ?

by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FINEPORCELAIN
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I think it should be ok as long as it is in your house. If they can't control her kids, then I am affraid that you will have to step in and lay down the law. Good luck.

JAIRATRACI
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Your house your rules. If your friend has a problem with it she can leave with her kids. My kids are told they need to listen to whoever owns the house they are in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Yes it is. You worry about your kids, let her worry about hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Not rude... Tell all the kids to calm down. It's your house. If the mother isn't doing her job and doesn't like it, then she can leave. That's my opinion. 

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM

You can explain to the kids your house rules.

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this
It kind of depends on your relationship with your friend. Do u think she would be offended? Maybe if u said something like "Wow, with the kids having so much fun its hard to hear ourselves talk!" And if she still doesn't tell her kids to hush then say to the whole group " Guys, I know you're all having fun but remember we're inside. Let's try to use our inside voices, the mommies' ears are hurting!"
dilateyourmind
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I think it takes a village. i actually like it when others step in. Kids don't listen to mom but someone else they stop dead in their tracks!

Mweddle
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM

As long as you are addressing all the children it should be fine. :)  And be sweet about it so she doesn't get offended.  It is your house your rules but I would personally try to keep the peace with her.

FullMoonFever
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

No,I don't think it's rude at all in your own home.In someone elses home it probably would be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)