Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sledding scares me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone else get nervous when their kids go sledding?  My kids love it of course, but I get so nervous.  We stick to small hills and stay clear of trees (like wayyyy clear) but I'm still a nervous wreck.  They're getting older (5 and 8) and want to go down bigger hills now.  I grew up in the south so maybe that's why it scares me because I'm not used to it.  Now we live in the north and it's a part of life here and I see all the other kids and parents whizzing by us.  Does anyone else feel this way or just me? Do your kids wear helmets when they go sledding?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
highlandmum
by Spunky on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Mine do not wear helmets when they go sledding, but I have seen others that do.  It does not scare me but I grew up sledding and the things my children do are tame in comparison to what I did as a child.  They do wear helmets when they go tubing, or snowboarding however, and the youngest will wear a helmet whenever he is skating.

bellasmommy1988
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I grew up in the North all my life sledding is a way of life up here and we dont see it as dangerous it's just fun. I flew out of the sled a million times as a kid and it was fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)