Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teach your child some damn manners!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I recently had a birthday party for my 1 yr old son. WHile we're doing the gift opening thing, my niece is all up in the mix. I love her to death, don't get me wrong. She's 7 and her mom and I have been close, almost like sisters. I don't want to sound petty, but she half opening his gifts for him. I politely said, "Hold on honey and let him open them" She said I'm just helping him open them!" I know she's a kid but she's old enough to know that she needs to back off a bit and let him open his presents. SHe kept saying :"I want to see! Let me see it!" and taking the toys away from ds. Here's my deal, what the fuck! Why didn't her mom step in and say your being rude, come back over here and let him open and play with his toys?! I know he's just 1 but he didn't even get to open half of his presents cuz she was already opening them! I didn't want to be rude cuz there was lots of people around but damn! Get your kid! Teach her some manners!

Ok, vent over.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Twisted.Jester
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Why didn't you put a stop to it?  I would have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM
My sister in law let's her daughter act like that because she thinks everyone else thinks her kid is as cute and endearing as she does. She is so unaware everyone thinks her kid is an annoying brat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellasmommy1988
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I would have bitched the mom out and tell her she should have told her daughter that it wasnt her birthday and she had no right touching the presents...

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I have a friend whose kids are like that. First time I ever encountered children like that.

I stopped having them over for birthdays as much. The birthday turned into more of a party for THEM then my child. It was annoying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Quoting Twisted.Jester:

Why didn't you put a stop to it?  I would have.

Tried to in a nice way. Told her a couple times to let him open them. There was a lot of family and friends around and I didn't want to look like the bad guy, or look petty. A mutual friend saw me getting real annoyed and pulled the niece to the side finally. I was tryin to keep my cool.

madcrazymom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM
It's no big deal they will not grow up and curse you for letting their friends help open presents. My 7 year old had a huge spend the night party last year and we would have been opening presents for hours so each child helped her rip into her gifts. Life goes on. If you don't like it, say something, sit the child back and tell her no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perezamberly
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Oooooohhh that is annoying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Quoting madcrazymom:

It's no big deal they will not grow up and curse you for letting their friends help open presents. My 7 year old had a huge spend the night party last year and we would have been opening presents for hours so each child helped her rip into her gifts. Life goes on. If you don't like it, say something, sit the child back and tell her no.

Right. But it's kind of the principle. The mom just let her child be so rude and didn't try to teach her to back off. I know he'll never know and it didn't matter to him, but I would never let any of my children act so disgracefully. It's rude behavior and the mom should've corrected her daughter. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to correct someone else's child when she was clearly right there and should've done it herself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM
3 moms liked this
I have a nephew like that. He is such a shit. My sister is the nicest person in the world and I love her, but that kid needs his ass beat. She's oblivious to how annoying everyone thinks her son is. Then when we have big family get togethers and he ends up crying because the other kids don't put up with his crap, she's like "why is everyone so mean to him?". He's 7. At Christmas dinner he was crawling under the dinner tables and untying shoes while they were trying to eat. My cousin's six year old kicked him in the face. It was awesome. Now I have to be anon because I said it was awesome.....but it was.
.jade.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Yeah that drives me crazy when kids do that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)