Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh man, i must be getting old......

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM
  • 4 Replies
We live in a fairly good neighborhood. Nice, quiet, reptuable, and family conducive.

Hubs and I were younger once. We did the party thing for a bit. Never that crazy, or that loud, or pissed off any neighbors. Out of all honesty though our parties mostly ended at 9pm sometimes 930pm with everyone passed out, or playing xbox. Lol. Lame right? Lol.

We just got new neighbors in the house behind us. No biggie. Young, YOUNG couple. Talked to them two times. They have a 6 month old and a 2 year old. (They themselves are 20 and 21.) Decent people.

So we get it. Young and want to party, new house and want to celebrate/show off to friends/3 day holiday weekend. Cool.

(We are in our late 20s almost 30. Just had our first son in 2010 and our second is due 2012).

We personally are over the party scene. Not our cup of tea. But we are VERY understanding.

In any case we waited until 10pm. Which is noise ordience here where we live. We waited a little longer to see if they wuld quiet down. Nope.

Their music woke up our 16 month old 3 times. Had our dog barking and going crazy. Not to mention their crazy flashing strobe lights. If you walked into our master bedroom which is on the backside of the house closet to their house your heart pounded to the music. As if the party was in our bedroom. You walk into our garage and you still could make out every word to the songs. Their music was up so loud it drowned out the two other parties down that street. (Who all turned it down and always have turned it down at or around 10pm).

1027pm. We had to call the non emergency number. Our dog had started to howl and go in circles. Our son woke up again. Turns out 5 other neighbors had already called.

The officer checked in with us and gave us a status update.

I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't SO loud. (There seriously was a packed house. The officer estimated 60 people or more). I probally wouldn't have minded if I didn't have a sleeping child. Or the fact that our street behind them ALL have young children in bed by 8pm. BUT when my heart is pounding, my dog howling and my son waking up, I had to call.

I feel like a royal bitch for calling. But it does make it easier knowing that several other neighbors called first.

And before anyone says I'm jealous cause I'm "old" and "cant/don't" party like that anymore. I'm not. The party scene gets old quick. After I turned 21 about 6 months later I was done with it.

Awwww quiet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
-Strawberry-
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I would be pissed and calling the cops too, ESPECIALLY if it was keeping my kids awake

kiaras_mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't sweat it. I'm 23 with 3 babies and I'm the crotchety old lady that yells at people to get off her lawn! lol

mydebbers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:35 AM

If they are not minding teh noise ordinanace, I would call too.

MOMMY2ACR
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM
I'm only 19 and the summer before I got pregnant I was one of those loud people in the apartments pool at 3am drinking and being loud. But... This summer I mover into a new complex where my apartment is right next to the pool and I was due in July so the beginning summer months I was pretty irritable. 10:05pm and people would be yelling at the pool and I'd be calling in a noise complaint. Me and my SO almost made it into a game of ruining people's fun. ugh we're horrible lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)