Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my husband is daft! (CPS related!)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My dad is mad at me and threw out the CPS card. I know he's vindictive enough to call even though he knows my children are safe and taken care of. I know they wouldn't take my children. My house is clean accept for some stains on the stove (that have been there since we moved in and despite scrubbing with sos pads have remained), some soap scum in the bathroom (also there when I moved in and I've tried and failed to remove), the carpet smells of dog and cigarettes (also there when I moved in and I've shampooed the carpet weekly since I moved here a year ago. Dh and I don't smoke.), and my own room is messy. I live in a complete slum apartment complex that is dirt cheap. We moved here cause it was our only option at the time but are moving to our own place in a nice town once our tax check comes. The only thing I can see being a true problem is my room and all they'll do is tell me to clean it up which I could do easily in not much time at all. But I don't want to deal with them at all and I have a feeling they'll be nit picky about every little thing. I told my husband that tomorrow morning I'm deep cleaning and bleaching every room regardless if my dad went through with calling or not because I'm not risking losing my babies. My husband goes in on he'll force CPS to get a search warrant before they enter our apartment but I told him I will not risk pissing them off. My dh is aggravated at me for thinking this way but I think he's daft for wanting to make it difficult for them. I have nothing to hide, I know my children have what they need so why be an asshole?

Grrr!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
charliebean
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this

He's right though, they can't legally enter your home without a search warrant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:45 AM
I know this and we are political activists but I honestly don't want any issues with CPS cause it puts our children at stake.

Quoting charliebean:

He's right though, they can't legally enter your home without a search warrant.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nyx7
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this
I have nothing to hide & will NEVER allow CPS in my house w/out a warrant. It's not about being difficult, it's about protecting your rights.
jessecutez
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM
The problems in your home don't sound like they are dirty enough for cps to care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMom11
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:12 AM
That's pretty harsh from your own dad. I'm sorry.
kngarber
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Is this the hot dog dad???

epoh
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Personally I'm scared as shit of CPS even though I have nothing to hide and I'd pass any inspections done with flying colors. I'd cooperate whether they had a warrant or not.

If I was you I'd clean that room. You can't stop someone from calling CPS but you can certainly show them that your home is a safe and sound place for your children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)