Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen mom series glorifying teen pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:39 AM
  • 58 Replies
I don't think the series glorifies teen pregnancy. I think it's the stuff we don't see on the show that glorifies it. Like stuff in mags and on the Internet. We know (not from the show) that they make more money than the average teen mom, they are pictured in expensive clothes with expensive bags, they buy nice cars, etc. Thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiaras_mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:40 AM
Agreed.
I too was a teen mom and this show does show the hardships. Its the internet and magazines that bother me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SummerMommy87
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this

teen mom the show? i dont even bother watching it..its depressing

mirabile_visu
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Hardships on the show? Please. They're so broke, boo hoo, but they move into houses and apartments that cost $700/mo or more to live in and drive nice vehicles.

Chrismomto5
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I think that 16 and Pregnant gives a more realistic view on teenage motherhood.  I was a teen mom.  Nothing glamorous about having no help with your baby at all, working a dead end job at McDonalds while putting myself through school to become a nurse.  I still have no clue how I did it.  

StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:04 AM
3 moms liked this

i agree

anyone that watches that show and thinks "that doesn't look so bad I sure want that life" is CRAZY.

SummerMommy87
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:29 AM

dont they get paid to be on tv anyways

kaycersmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree being on the show doesn't glorify it, but the attention from being on the show does

GumDropDiva
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this
But our society is hypnotized by fame... So it "glorifies" it because young girls see a way to get famous and noticed... Not the pregnancy or the baby.. But they are thinking like 16 yr olds and about themself.. That's why it's dangerous

That being said I watch it and laugh at all of them mauanahabaha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coreilly89
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:38 AM

I don't watch it. I don't care, really. I don't think that being a teen parent should be posted everywhere. I used to live in Suffolk, VA. Apparently my sister-in-law watches 16 and pregnant. Our pizza delivery guy one night was a guy from the show. He said a lot of it was played up to bring in more viewers, thus getting them more money.

coreilly89
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Um.. yeah they do. Lol

Quoting SummerMommy87:

dont they get paid to be on tv anyways

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)