Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sick of prolife!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am so sick of prolife women bashing women who have had or are considering having an abortion! I am NOT talking about everyone who is prolife. If that is how you feel then so be it. I am talking about the ones who belittle people and try to make women who already feel like crap feel even worse. Just SHUT UP! It was her body, her life and her baby and now she has to live with the pain, so just move on somewhere. If you're so against abortion then just don't ever get one and don't worry about what the hell other people are legally doing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buttercup627
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:07 AM
What about the prochoice women that use abortion as birthcontrol? What do you think of thrm?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:14 AM
Technically, abortion IS birth control. It is a method used to control birth. That being said, I do believe it is irresponsible to use no method of preventing pregnancy and then to have multiple abortions. However, I do not believe any woman should be forced, either literally or by society's views, to give her body up for 9 months if she doesn't want to.

Quoting buttercup627:

What about the prochoice women that use abortion as birthcontrol? What do you think of thrm?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SummerMommy87
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:16 AM
2 moms liked this

how about everyone just deals with their own life and not worry how other people choose to live

buttercup627
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Sooo do you believe in late term abortions? If you dont believe that a ny woman should be forced to give up her body for 9 months then should she get to decide to utilize those rights at any moment during thos nine months?

personally I dont really care what other women do, but I realize abortions are a slippery slope of a topic because every situation is different. I HIGHLY doubt if I went to you the day before I was due saying im going to kill this "fetus" youd be ok with it. However many prolifers would totally accept my choice to abort if my brother raped me and it resulted in a child

Quoting Anonymous:

Technically, abortion IS birth control. It is a method used to control birth. That being said, I do believe it is irresponsible to use no method of preventing pregnancy and then to have multiple abortions. However, I do not believe any woman should be forced, either literally or by society's views, to give her body up for 9 months if she doesn't want to.

Quoting buttercup627:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadedFaerie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM

It came to my realisation a couple of days ago that I am, actually not prolife. Of course I'd never have an abortion unless it was for a tubal pregnancy, but before a week or so ago I thought I would find it difficult to be friends with someone who had an abortion. Little did I know one of my fairly recent best friends has had THREE! I didn't start screaming at her, I didn't hit her, I didn't tell her how horrible a person she was. I smiled and said "Well I don't know the circumstances and I shouldn't judge" shook it off and it hasnt fazed our friendship at all!

Amazing how views change aye :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM
See, getting into the whole argument of late term abortion and when life starts and all that is something I would prefer to avoid. As you said, it's a slippery slope. I was merely referring to the girls who come here looking for support and get bashed and called baby killers or whatever. As I said, I wasn't even bashing all prolifers, just the ones who feel the need to belittle other women. Women who get abortions are already usually hurting. Bashing them won't bring the baby back, it's pointless.

Quoting buttercup627:

Sooo do you believe in late term abortions? If you dont believe that a ny woman should be forced to give up her body for 9 months then should she get to decide to utilize those rights at any moment during thos nine months?

personally I dont really care what other women do, but I realize abortions are a slippery slope of a topic because every situation is different. I HIGHLY doubt if I went to you the day before I was due saying im going to kill this "fetus" youd be ok with it. However many prolifers would totally accept my choice to abort if my brother raped me and it resulted in a child

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting buttercup627:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Awesome way to be open minded! I'm sure that was a relief for your friend.

Quoting JadedFaerie:

It came to my realisation a couple of days ago that I am, actually not prolife. Of course I'd never have an abortion unless it was for a tubal pregnancy, but before a week or so ago I thought I would find it difficult to be friends with someone who had an abortion. Little did I know one of my fairly recent best friends has had THREE! I didn't start screaming at her, I didn't hit her, I didn't tell her how horrible a person she was. I smiled and said "Well I don't know the circumstances and I shouldn't judge" shook it off and it hasnt fazed our friendship at all!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I agree with you and i personally hate abortion. But to come on here and bash a person who is obviously struggling with her decision is cruel and unnecessary.

raegansmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM
I'm pro life. I know several people who have had abortions. I saw no reason to yell & scream at them or treat them poorly. I never knew this was a pre-requisite to being pro life? I was there to listen to them & not judge. That doesn't mean I think what they did was right; they know how I feel. Just because I don't agree with someone doesn't mean I can't be there for them when they are hurting. That makes me a good friend, not pro choice.

Quoting JadedFaerie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Exactly!

Quoting brettsmomma:

I agree with you and i personally hate abortion. But to come on here and bash a person who is obviously struggling with her decision is cruel and unnecessary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)