Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you breast feed DH?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: If you are done breast feeding/ never did it, and still producing milk. Would you let your Dh/So breast feed just because he likes the taste?

Options:

Yes, straight from the tap

Yes, I would pump

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

Say you DH or SO went to the doctor and they told him that Humpis Cocolitis (its fake, dont try to google it, its just an example) runs in his family. He/she says it can cause diarrhea, hot flash's, and mood swings (basically the same effects of menopause, except they will never get better). The doctor tells him he can prevent the disease by not eating rice, star fruit, and humus. He also tells him Breast milk can not only help him prevent the disease but even help ease (slightly) the effects if he were to contract it. 

Your Dh/So comes home and tells you he needs breast milk. You have just got done weening and are still producing milk/ Never breast fed but still producing milk (you just had a new born, and you milk isnt dried up).

Would you let him drink your boobie milk? Would you pump or let him get it straight from the tap? Or would he just have to stop eating rice, star fruit, and hummus (they are his favorite)? What about both? 

Bit of background on this odd question: My Dh woke me up early to play (literally, just play). I cant go back to sleep and nothings on Tv. This crazy little scenario popped in my head (I think of odd things when Im sleepy). Its not to incite an argument, so please lets not make it one. Lets try and treat each other respectfuly even if we are debating :]

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I know that sounds horrible (my no) but I hate pumping, I wouldn't want him to breastfeed from the source and even if breast milk could cure some crazy disease, how would someone figure that out? 

MOMMY2ACR
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol I'd pump for him if it meant making his "disease" go away or ease the symptoms. Def not straight from the boob though. My SO tasted my breastmilk that was stored in the fridge as well as made me taste it and try to get everyone else that came to our house taste it too. It embarrassed me. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassnadrajones
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:11 AM

The way you feel is fine :]

Quoting Anonymous:

I know that sounds horrible (my no) but I hate pumping, I wouldn't want him to breastfeed from the source and even if breast milk could cure some crazy disease, how would someone figure that out? 

cassnadrajones
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:14 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol I laughed when I read this, but hey completely legit question I suppose! =-) My answer is no, but only because I wouldn't feel right giving him boob milk. I would probably just make him quit eating the things that make his belly upset.

Crimsonia
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I'd have absolutely NO problem sharing it with Him... pumped OR from the tap, whether I had already weaned my kidlets or not.

mdraper
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:22 AM
eh , if he really wanted to and it really helped with the symptoms I would pump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Give up your favs. I agreed to feed your children my breast milk , you may find a different diet, just like diabetics, or me when I get ready to loose wieght. Sorry.
mylovey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:27 AM

If he took me to his doctor, and the doctor told me there were actual benefits to giving him milk for a disease, I would pump. Otherwise, just because he likes the taste, no. 

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and due with our second little one around July 28th. 

cassnadrajones
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Damn talk about devotion.... and multitasking! Dh on breast, baby on the other. Just picture it, its kinda funny when you think about it.

sidesplittinglaughter

Kinda like this

LOL

Quoting Crimsonia:

I'd have absolutely NO problem sharing it with Him... pumped OR from the tap, whether I had already weaned my kidlets or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)