• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will never have to do a sink full of dishes again!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Ok, little back story.  I am a slob, my dh is an even bigger slob... My kids?  Lets not go there, but I dont want them to grow up to become adult slobs, so I knew I had to change my ways.

Whenever people would come over, I would cringe.  I was mortified at the state of my house.  Here I am, a sahm, and my house is a pig sty.  What is worse is that dh currently doesnt work either!  We have no excuses!  None!  

I just didnt know how to clean though.  Apparently, he didnt either.  Here we are, every couple of days frantically cleaning the house, taking hours out of our day to do it, only to have it be half cleaned (clutter still in every draw or closet in the house) and then a mess a few hours later..... EXHAUSTING!!!  Not to mention, stupid and lazy.

Here is the secret.... and you probably all know it, I am just so excited to find it that I have to shout it out!!! Clean as you go! lol.  Yes,  I know, I am a little late to figure this out, but I came from a family of slobs.

Flylady.com taught me to keep my kitchen sink shined, and thats all I had to read. I made a rule for everyone to follow.... NO DISHES IN THE SINK!!!  Now, we rinse them immediately, and throw them in the dishwasher.  Now whenever I see something out of place that isnt being used, I put it away, or I have someone else do it.  Every morning I sweep and mop the floors and wipe down all surfaces.  It is sooooo much better!!!  

We are only a couple of weeks in, so if anyone has tips to share, feel free!  And if you want to call me stupid, lazy, a slob.... Then go for it too I guess!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Congrats!!

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Lol!

Better late than never. Good for you mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princessputter
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I`m just going to say yay!!! keep up the good work... and every time you slip up.. watch horders... it will scare you straight.... Im a neat freak.. so I dont know how not to be

debbie26
by Debbie on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I'm a clean freak with my house but I say Good Job keep it up and You will keep a nice clean home.. I clean throughout the day and mop everyday cuz I'm crazy like that thou...

kngarber
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I have never understood when people say they don't know how to clean...what does that even mean??

Linnyloo89
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM

congratulations!!!!!  I know what you mean it is hard at first but just keep going with it!!!!!!

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kngarber:

I have never understood when people say they don't know how to clean...what does that even mean??

It means that no one in theirs homes they grew up in taught them. One must be taught to sweep, mop, do laundry, keep dishes done, etc

Congrats OP! Don't let the fam pull you down! There will be whining! Stand tough!

The ones that you love the most go away to soon, the others just never go away...

TugBoatMama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Hey at least you have a dishwasher.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol thank god.

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Hey at least you have a dishwasher.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I did flylady for a while. It worked pretty well, except DH was TOTALLY not into it and felt it was too extreme (anything that involves his stuff is 'extreme')

The no dishes thing is a great start... if you have a dishwasher.  I don't.  I would totally kill for one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)