Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nonvaxing Parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

Do you also deny medicine in general for your babies/kids? (Tylenol/Motrin, antibodies, cough syrups, teething tablets, etc.)

Also, can you share some of your views on why you've chose to not vax.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Really? Do we really need to get into this debate again? Hasn't it been played out enough?

You vax, I don't.

You have your reasons and the right to make that choice for YOUR kids and I have my reasons and the right to make this choice for MY kids.

I cannot convince you of the dangers I believe are there and you cannot convince me that the dangers don't exist. 

Let it go already. Raise your kids as you see fit and I'll raise mine as I see fit. Your kids are healthy? Wonderful. Mine are too!

Yes, I'm posting anonymously, not because I am afraid of repercussions, but rather because I simply think that this debate is pointless and unless you sincerely want to know and understand why some of us have made this choice, without trying to convince us otherwise, then there is really no need to continue hashing it out.

Why does it matter anyway whether or not a mother vaxes her kids, or gives them man made chemical based medicines like Tylenol/Motrin, cough syrup, antibiotics, etc... or  chooses to treat their kids illnesses with natural/organic alternatives.

Y'all make your choices, and we'll make ours.

reese1206
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
We go the natural route for everything. If they truly NEED that medication....then yes....they will get it. 98% of the time the essential oils, ect work. I don't want to inject that into my child. I don't feel its needed or good. My opinion. I know others feel different and that's fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I actually recently made the decision NOT to vax but I was curious to see the insight of other moms too. I'm still facing the "You don't vax" drama as it is a new decision for me and my family. I don't vax but have used various medicines to treat illness and discomforts. It was a question, not a debate but thanks for assuming as much. Go be a cunt somewhere else. ;)  

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Do we really need to get into this debate again? Hasn't it been played out enough?

You vax, I don't.

You have your reasons and the right to make that choice for YOUR kids and I have my reasons and the right to make this choice for MY kids.

I cannot convince you of the dangers I believe are there and you cannot convince me that the dangers don't exist. 

Let it go already. Raise your kids as you see fit and I'll raise mine as I see fit. Your kids are healthy? Wonderful. Mine are too!

Yes, I'm posting anonymously, not because I am afraid of repercussions, but rather because I simply think that this debate is pointless and unless you sincerely want to know and understand why some of us have made this choice, without trying to convince us otherwise, then there is really no need to continue hashing it out.

Why does it matter anyway whether or not a mother vaxes her kids, or gives them man made chemical based medicines like Tylenol/Motrin, cough syrup, antibiotics, etc... or  chooses to treat their kids illnesses with natural/organic alternatives.

Y'all make your choices, and we'll make ours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Thanks. :)

Quoting reese1206:

We go the natural route for everything. If they truly NEED that medication....then yes....they will get it. 98% of the time the essential oils, ect work. I don't want to inject that into my child. I don't feel its needed or good. My opinion. I know others feel different and that's fine.

reese1206
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:12 AM
You're welcome. I'm telling you....essential oils are amazing. For instance....if my child gets a fever, you rub peppermint oil on them. 100% of the time it has taken the fever away. There are mixtures for anything you can think of. From depression, dry skin, cramps, headaches to fevers and vomiting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting reese1206:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd never heard that, I'll have to try it! Thanks again. :)

Quoting reese1206:

You're welcome. I'm telling you....essential oils are amazing. For instance....if my child gets a fever, you rub peppermint oil on them. 100% of the time it has taken the fever away. There are mixtures for anything you can think of. From depression, dry skin, cramps, headaches to fevers and vomiting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting reese1206:

KieferLo52012
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM
3 moms liked this
We use natural methods for all aspects of our lives. Vaccinating is the one area we do not. Everyone has to make their own decisions for their children. We feel not vaxing would be detrimental to our children as well as other people's children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I fully vacuum, but find both sides, and their reasons very interesting so here's a bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Interesting....care to elaborate? :)

Quoting reese1206:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting reese1206:

osubucksbaby
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM
We are very natural, and we stopped vaxing when my middle son was 2, and our youngest hasn't been vaxed at all, nor will he be. We are VERY strict about hand washing and make sure that it's done EVERY time we leave a play place of any sort, twice in fact :) I'm also a hand gel freak and they usually get it every 15 minutes or so while they're playing... We don't give those little germies a chance lol.

Other medications we aren't big on, we use a lot of natural supplements (that in my opinion work better) but we have on occasion given Motrin, or something like that. We just prefer to try other methods first.

Our family isn't 100% supportive of us being so natural, so the kids have gotten stuff, usually cold remedies, my mom loves to give my oldest son Tylenol and Motrin for his stuff when he's with them, but they stay pretty much natural here.

How do you deal with the drama of not vaxing? To be honest, sometimes I wanna snap at stupid judgmental people, but I'm nice and don't. What I think is comical is how the hardcore vaxers will say things like, "we vax our kids so you dont have to" and that usually gets my blood boiling lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)