Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my best friends..... (long)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Im not sure if its bc im pregnant or what but I am SICK of them. Friend A has 3 kids. (Two bio and 1 sd) Her oldest has autism. I swear she treats him like a baby, and it drives me nuts. He is fine. Every now and then he acts out a little, but the kid is 6 he can get his own coat from the rack, his little sister shouldnt have to do it. And she treats her sd like cinderella. She has to clean both rooms, find anything that her kids misplace, and put away the toys that they ALL have been playing with. Her and her dh also can never stick with any one thing. They join a gym and try to get all their friends to join, when we do, they quit and say its stupid and they will find a better one. They impulsively buy things then sell them a month later (flat screen tv for son, dog, wii, 2nd vehicles etc)

Friend B is lazy. (Even before she got pregnant) and uses people. She doesnt have a car, so the only time she texts me is when she needs a ride someplace. I have given this girl money, bought her food, taken her out and paid for her dinner etc... other friends have done the same. I love the girl to death but damn... i cant be expected to drop everything bc you need to go get a prescription at the store.

Friend C is by far the worst. She has many kids. and whenever im on the phone with her she's constantly telling the older kids to make bottles, change diapers, get the younger ones dressed etc. She doesnt vax and her kids on CONSTANTLY sick. Her kids run around outside naked/barefoot where her animals are running around (farm animals i should say) defecating all over the yard and she wonders why her kids are constantly in the hospital with some sort of infection, disease, cough cold etc.... her house is filthy and she makes every excuse known to man as to why she can't do it. She has openly admitted that she doesnt want to work so she just keeps having kids. She has no place to put all these kids to sleep at night. They live in a 2 bedroom with a few less than 10 kids. They have kids sitting on the floor of the vehicle they drive bc they dont have anywhere to put them.

Friend D is not a mother and doesnt want to become a mother. So when I told her I was pregnant again, she just keeps asking why I would want to put my body through that "again"? Am I sure I am making the right decision? Don't I want to travel and do things for myself. I have one kid and one on the way, I was unaware you couldnt travel with children.... UGH...

I know this is horrible. Because I love each of them in their own way too. They all have helped me when I needed it even if it was just a shoulder to cry on, but lately, their faults are far outweighing their good. I left out some details bc I dont want them to know this is about them, and a few of them are on this site... I just needed to vent I guess. :(

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TugBoatMama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I am in the process of cleaning house with crappy friends too. Its not easy but necessary for living a more authentic life. I know its not always as easy as just writing them off. But don't go through life putting up with people you can't stand being around. Life is already too short as it is.

LyTe684
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I recently cut off a very superficial materialistic "friend".
She only wanted to hang out at her apt during the day. I was never included in girls night out stuff. Idk what it was I think she liked my kids more than me cuz we never hung out with just us two. Cut her out never been happier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

thanks ladies. :) I have started to distance myself from them. But I know I have my own faults as well so I try not to judge them. These are really my only close friends and friend A would drop everything in a heartbeat for me, and I believe friend B would too if she could (even though her situation is her own fault and she could fix it easily) i think its just one of those things where I had to complain and get it out of my system....

lusyl95
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Time to find new friends hun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Try to kind of go into hiding for a week or so. Ive had to do it a few times this pregnancy. Stay off fb and don't answer your phone or texts for a few days. Just kind of let yourself be and be a friend to yourself. Sometimes you just need a break. They could suck, but it could be hormones. Don't make any major life decisions when you're preggo tho, trust me. If they still suck after your baby comes it may be time to do some editing in your life. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)