Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Putting others first isn't always good

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
Today one of my pants got a hole in it. I now have one pair of pants and they're not the greatest. I bought them about 2 years ago and they are a little too tight. Everytime dh offered to buy me clothes I say something like "no, the baby needs this or you need this" I have 5 shirts and one pair of pants.. I think its time for me to go shopping for ME!!! Lol anyone else know where I'm comin from?
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melonie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Yep I never get new clothes!!!! My dh always tells me to go shopping but I really hate trying to find shit that fits too. Go buy at least 2 pairs of pants now lol!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ataemommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM
No. I don't martyr myself for my family. Time to grow a pair and take care of yourself so your family respects you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Yep

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I buy myself stuff all the time. I work hard, I spend ....hard. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbymommy915
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Lol waiting on income tax to hit and mommy is getting a new wardrobe!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I rarely buy myself clothes, but I do get a lot of clothes for Christmas fortunately. My dad's wife knows how to shop for me. lol

saltyalley1227
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Yup. Most of my clothes I've had since high school (I graduated in 07), someone gave to me 2nd hand, or I bought at a thrift store. It's been a lonnngggg time since I bought multiple brand new items for myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Travelagtmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep, its a hard lesson to learn and a hard one to remember. Now get your holey ass to the store.
Pollymom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean...I recently went and bought a few pair of pants and some tops. I got down to one pair of respectable looking jeans and I was sick of wearing the same thing all the time so I bought some things. Nothing fancy or expensive, but at least now I can change it up! LOL

I don't think it's about being a "martyr" for the family so much as I don't think about my clothes all the time. I think about household goods and groceries that need to be purchased and when the kids grow out of their clothes much faster than me, it seems to make sense to buy clothes for them before buying clothes for me...doesn't leave a whole lot of $$ for mom or dad's clothing.

MeGirl04049
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I know exactly what you mean. I own two pair of jeans, one pair to big, one pair snug with a hole at the corner of both back pockets and im short so the bottoms of the legs are ripped up from walking on the ends of them. then I have three pair of work pants from last job and two for new job, all bought at salvation army (only buy 50% off items too)   I have three shirts I wear, three work shirts from last job, and three for new job. Sock now I have a crap ton of socks!!! two bras and like 7 pairs of undies, thaths my wardrobe LMAo. I keep saying next paycheck I will go buy myself some clothes (again at goodwill or salvation army, I cant bring myself to spend 20 bucks on a pair of jeans) but still new to me so....but I never end up doing it, I find other things that need to be gotten before I think of me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)