Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people take advantage of me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

So I'm in the middle of a divorce.  STBX is still living in this damn house. He claims he has no place to move to and is taking his good old fashioned time even looking for a place to live.  We have a temporary hearing in a week or so. He still expects me to do his damn laundry, but refuses to clean up after himself (dishes, clean his bathroom etc... )

Then there is the 18 year old daughter. In-laws have just given her a car. REALLY?? grant it, it's used and all that but I wanted her to EARN the damn thing and not have it given to her on silver platter.  Yes, she's techincally an adult but she's living in MY house.  Did I mention she does NOTHING around here to help me.  But she expects to use my car in the mean time (ummm.. NO!!)

Am I wrong for wanting to kick both their asses out on the front lawn? I'm tired, depressed, angry to no end.  I do leave the house and go to a friends house just to have coffee with them and they listen to my complaints and let me cry on their shoulders, when clearly they have their own battles to deal with. 

Why?  Why are the STBX and the 18 year old doing this to me? Do I have "stupid" or "doormat" written across my face?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
itsm3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM
If you let people walk all over you, they will. Is the 18yo your daughter? I wouldnt even think about throwing my children out. Why don't you sit down with both of them and talk about how you all can come together to make things work for the time being?

I would esp do that with your dd; tell her how you're feeling and talk about her feelings too. I don't doubt she's upset over the divorce as well. Good luck; hope it all works out in the end
kiminsean
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Stop letting them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WaitingOnPeanut
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I wouldn't let him stay there if he's causing a problem, tell him to go to his parents. I'm not really sure what to say about your daughter. :\ I'm sorry you're going through a hard time and I hope it gets better for you. Good luck. 

cythina208
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM
To nice people can take advantage of that. They will if they can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Embers88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Put your damn foot down. People only take advantage of people who let them. I used to be the SAME way... but I started setting my boundaries and enforcing them when needed. Sometimes I had to be a bitch, but people respect me 100x more now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)