• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of Gay Marriage post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
6 moms liked this

Why can't people separate the difference between marriage and civil union?  I truly wish that you(general you) could see that a marriage is suppose to be the celebration of two people who love each other!  Marriage is so much more than just a piece of paper(IMO)! How can you(again general you) sit there and tell me that I have no right to get married to the person I love just because she is also a female?  If you(general you) are going to argue that it ruins the sanctity of of marriage then what is divorce doing? How about Kim Kardashian she was married for a mere 72 days? What does that do for marriage?  People get married for all sorts of reasons. There are some people who marry for money.  Why are you(again general you) denying my right to marry someone that I LOVE but you are perfectly fine with someone marrying someone for money as long as they are of opposite sexes? Please explain to my child that if anything happens to her BM(MY WIFE) that she will never see me agian!  Explain to my daughter why I get the shit beat out of me because I love a woman! Please explain to my daughter why she cant see her mothers who love eachother VERY much get legally married because I guarrentee she doesn't understand! Or how about while she is at school and she hears someone like you(general you) telling their child that it is disgusting to for two men or two women to be together because I guarrentee she wont understand!

gay pride ribbon  I am a lesbian and I have been with the same person for 4 years of my life! I have never cheated(commited adultry) and I never will because she is enough for me! she is my life and my world! When we decided to do a ceremony to share our love, I was told by someone I use to consider my friend that just because it was not a legal marriage that it is not a true commitement! Guess what? I don't speak with that person any more and I helped her raise her 3 children!  Getting legally married doesn't make someone commite to another person because there are plenty of people out there and even on this very site that are cheating on their husbands or wives!

Bash if you want to or agree I don't care but you(again general you) people that want to take away my basic right to spend the rest of my life with the WOMAN that I LOVE make me sick!   All I want is my marriage to be legally recognized and to have the same basic rights that my parents have(any married couple)!  I want my daughter to know that NO MATTER what happens to her mother that she will always be with me! She is my child whether she came from my uterus or not! SHE IS MINE! I have raised her since she was a baby while her father has been no where to be found but yet he has more rights than I do! YOU(General you) MAKE ME SICK BECAUSE YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND OR RESPECT THAT THE LOVE BETWEEN LGTB IS JUST THE SAME LOVE THAT YOU SHARE WITH YOUR PARTNER!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

:)

lezgirl0109
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree 100% My partner and I have been together for 11 years. never cheated! 

mamacough
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow now that courage! Thanks for posting. I understand and respect all people and unions.Tradition is so ingrained in our society. People really need to be more open minded.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I have many gay/lesbian friends. I agree with you FULLY. You should have EVERY right to marry the person you love and want to share a life with.

Here in my state (Arkansas) a gay couple had been together for over 20 years. When one passed away, the newspaper refused to list his partner(husband in my opinion) as a survivor. A bunch of people protested at the newspaper office. I wish I had known in time because I would have gone and protested too.

I always have and always will support gay marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Live and let live I don't understand posts like this really I don't if you don't care and just want to be happy then why make a big frigging to do about it? I saw a little bit ago someone against straight marriage and I wasn't phased by it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion weather you agree with it or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM

That is what people don't understand, it actually hurts when you(general) don't see that we love eachother! I was honestly crying reading the other post because when someone says something like that it makes you(gays) feel hated. It hurts!

Quoting wrensong:

I have many gay/lesbian friends. I agree with you FULLY. You should have EVERY right to marry the person you love and want to share a life with.

Here in my state (Arkansas) a gay couple had been together for over 20 years. When one passed away, the newspaper refused to list his partner(husband in my opinion) as a survivor. A bunch of people protested at the newspaper office. I wish I had known in time because I would have gone and protested too.

I always have and always will support gay marriage.

firebird78
by L&J'sMom on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:03 PM

i agree

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry peolple give you a hard time about being a lesbian. It really shouldn't matter who you love....

Just know that not all straight people are that way...

littlemonaghan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

clappingyou rock

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Oh I know my father wouldn't speak to me for 6 months because he found out that I am a lesbian.  then at our ceremony he refused to dance with infront of everyone I was humilated.

Quoting wrensong:

I am sorry peolple give you a hard time about being a lesbian. It really shouldn't matter who you love....

Just know that not all straight people are that way...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)