Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm against ALL marriage!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
3 moms liked this

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon on this one, folks.

I am, seriously, against ALL marriage. By marriage, I am talking about the legal, government-approved version where you have to get a marriage license and in some states a blood test.

To me, marriage should be a sacred institution between two people (note people, not man and women, or two homosexuals, or whatever) and a Higher Power. The government having a say in who can and cannot marry is asinine to me for the simple fact that they think they are an authority greater than our Higher Power.

There used to be a time where people would declare their intent to marry, society would take note of it, and they would continue on with their lives in a committed, married state. Having a piece of paper to say it was all legal with the government wasn't important at all. It was the intent of the matter that was important. This was often the case in common law marriages and in places where clergy of one form or another (the accepted means of being married at most times) weren't able to be around for months, or perhaps even years after the ceremony had taken place.

But nowadays, the only way a marriage is legal is if you've PAID for the privledge by getting your marriage license. In paying for this privledge, it is no longer your sacred right, it's merely allowed you by the state.

I fully understand the necessity of legal marriage in this day and age for a variety of applications, such as wills and estates, medical insurance, and things like that. This does not mean I believe that it's proper or correct.

/endrant

Note: Take note that I do not specify WHOSE Higher Power. I don't care if you're Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Athiest, black, blue, green, purple, pink, or polka dotted. Even most athiests believe in something, even if it is in themselves. To me, that is all fair enough in the context of Higher Power.

Okay, go!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lezgirl0109
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM

agree

nikki32230
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM
You make some very good points, seems well thought out, nice post!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM

agree

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Thank you, ladies.

SophiasMommy911
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Agree !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Great points!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiaras_mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM
AGREE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
i am all for this hippy shit, man. All you need is love. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm going to caption your pic: "I'm in your shirtz, drinking your milkz." ;)

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Great points!

CabinMommyNH
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Like I said before, I love people I'm love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)