Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband doesnt respect me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

I love my DH, divorce is not an option at this point. I just... wish I didnt feel like he was holding me back from being the best person I can be. I wish I felt like a mother of 3, I wish I felt like a wife, like an adult with responsibility. instead I feel like a joke, like I'm playing house as a kid. I'm 21 years old, I was never a party person, I'm always pretty serious, I do act like a parent. I am so jelous of these women I look at at Walmart and they look like a mom, they get treated like a mom. If I am pushing my twin stroller around the baby section with an extremely grumpy DH in tow grabbing diapers, searching for my kids size in tshirts, I get dirty looks. I get rude people telling me to get out of the way, no one listens if I ask them not to touch the babies. If I get upset becasue of this, I embarass my DH and grocery shopping is an even bigger nightmare. I play with my boys while we walk around, I make them laugh and smile and keep them happy, and it annoys people. I'm not stopping, I'm doing it as I walk and shop. 

I guess what I'm saying is, no one takes me seriously. and it doesnt make any sense because I'm a serious person. It makes me feel like such a faliure to not be respected in my own household. Are my kids not going to respect me as they get older because dad doesnt? Am I going to be one of those women people talk smak about becasue I cant control my kids because daddy taught them by example not to listen to mom, mom is always wrong, mom doesnt know what she is talking about? 

My Dh respects me as a person, as best he can i suppose, Just not as his wife and mother of his kids... does that even make sense? No matter what I do...I'm always going to be a kid in everyones eyes but my own... 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM

i guess i missed the part about your dh not respecting you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)