Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3.5 not potty trained

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

My sil is struggling with my niece.  She will not go near a potty or wear underwear.  I told her I read an article that said not to worry unless they where over four.  anyone ever deal with this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ColorMeCrazy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Yup, I'm dealing with it right now. My 3 year old will go #2 on the potty, but that's it. I have tried everything, there is just nothing else I can do. My oldest was trained by the time she was a year old, I can't get my youngest to pee on the toilet. My youngest seems to behind in other ways though, her speech is way off as well.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM

My oldest was a late trainer. I used money to bribe him to go. He got  a nickle or dime for pee, quarter to poop, and then got to pick out a toy wiith the money. We started withhim buying a $1 toy to get the idea. He was trained pretty quickly(and still has a love for money lol)

lexa86
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:23 PM

my son is about to turn 3- he was excited for a couple days when i bribed him with a lolipop every time he went. then he started claiming he was gonna go just for the lolipop! now he refuses to use the toilet at all. i tried getting him Thomas underwear (he loves thomas & friends) and having potty breaks every 20-30min. he decided it'd be fun to pee in a corner right after the potty break instead. He loves being a "big boy" so i tried playing on that (big boys dont wear diapers- only babies like your sister) he argues that hes a big boy in diapers! i'll have to try the money idea- he does love his piggybank. I think its just keep trying to make it seem like a positive thing for them- & dont make them feel "ordered" to do it. the last thing you want is toddler rebellion :)

my parents used fear of authority on us- we got smacked so good at the first 'accident' i cant ever remember any of us having a problem being trained

DomoniqueWS
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM

My son got potty trained at 26 months, He was NOT to wear undies in the house.  He soon realized peeing on himself was not cool.  STarted going in the potty, and just like that POTTY TRAINED.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I don't see how people are cool with letting their kids piss and shit themselves past three.

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:32 PM

My son started potty training he was doing well then we moved countries so now we have to start over. The stress made him regress.

littleinsect
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:34 PM

unfortunetly my cousins son is austistic, and he's about to turn 5 and he's still not potty trained : / not saying that that's normal for a non ASD child, but sometimes it just isn't something that comes too easily. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see how people are cool with letting their kids piss and shit themselves past three.

lexa86
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM

my son seemed to have decided he wanted to be potty trained out of the blue- a few days before we were to move cross country (a five day road trip). the day before we left, we packed up the couch & he forgot all about the toilet and any other big-kid stuff.

Quoting Sunshine257:

My son started potty training he was doing well then we moved countries so now we have to start over. The stress made him regress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)