Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im unsure about my marriage.....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 2 Replies

First let me say I do love my husband. I just am not happy. I dont know if it is because I am depressed or what it is, some good advice needed.  My husband and I have been together for 10 years. I have 4 kids, 2 are my dh.  He is a good husband for the most part. He works very hard so that I dont have to. Although I think if I got out of the house and had some time to myself it might make it better.  He works out of town every couple weeks, he does insurance restoration work.  I get up everyday, wake up dh, get his clothes for work , send him off to work, get dd up for school, send her off to school, and then get my ds up for school. Usually my 2 year old is up by then and running around like a nut. I then, go do my errands and clean up. Kids come home from school and dinner is on the table as dh is walking in the door. Then starts bath time and relaxing a little. I am ready for bed by 10.  I tell my dh I love him and a hug and kiss but that is it. We have sex maybe 1 or 2 times a week, I have no desire to have sex.  I enjoy it after it is started but if it werent for me just giving in we would not have sex. I tried telling dh that i have no desire for sex and he asks what is wrong, IDK.  I know he can tell that something is wrong bc he will ask if I am still in love with him, and i say yes but I just dont know.  I am not excited to see him, unless he is gone for a few days.  I am glad to see him go out of town because I know it makes my day much easier.  What do I do, do I sit down and tell him all of this or do I wait and see if it works itself out. Any suggestions?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
md3mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Yes. I think you should talk to him. Maybe you just need some time to reconnect with him.  Sometimes that gets lost when you're so busy taking care of the family.

Brandi

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I think you should talk to him but I wouldn't say anything like fallen out of love or anything like that. I would also see a doctor it sounds like your depressed. Maybe the day in day out is what is wrong. Maybe you need a hobby or some you time. Do you have friends you can talk to about this? I think your just bored.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)