Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medical Marijuana

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I need a good link to a site that explains medicinal marijuana growth around children. I'm in the middle of a custody battle in Michigan. Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM

try norml.com

Erika_Wheeler09
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Google michigan laws and medical marijuana. I'm sure you will find all kinds of things.

What are you looking for exactly?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:01 PM

If someone can lose custody because of legitimate growth of marijuana in the house.

Quoting Erika_Wheeler09:

Google michigan laws and medical marijuana. I'm sure you will find all kinds of things.

motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Do you have a license or anything to grow medical marijuana? If not, then it is probably against the law and can cause you to loose custody.

Quoting Anonymous:

If someone can lose custody because of legitimate growth of marijuana in the house.

Quoting Erika_Wheeler09:

19zxc-10c-3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Yes. I am not licensed but my SO is. I don't smoke weed.

Quoting motherslove82:

Do you have a license or anything to grow medical marijuana? If not, then it is probably against the law and can cause you to loose custody.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Erika_Wheeler09:

jessie82087
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM

If it's legitimate growth, I would assume that means there is a license to do it. If that's the case, then no, you can't lose a custody battle for it.

To me it's like owning a gun around a child. If you have a license to carry, and you are following safety regulations, there is nothing the authorities or CPS can do. But if not, you're breaking the law, and can lose custody.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Erika_Wheeler09:

MamaRockett
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM

If you pee clean you have nothing to worry about as long as the plants aren't where your LO can get to them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. I am not licensed but my SO is. I don't smoke weed.

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Erika_Wheeler09:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM

my SO has a license. I don't and I don't smoke. I have a file with CPS already, but they closed it two summers ago after allegations were proven false. I wasn't living with my SO at that point. Now I am and he wants to grow but I don't want CPS popping their head in to see if I'm still good or not... but like I said my case is closed. The only thing standing from the incident is a temporary guradianship with my oldest. CPS approved me to have him after I finish my obligations (parenting classes). I see my oldest every weekend from friday to sunday and take him whenever I can during the week.

Quoting jessie82087:

If it's legitimate growth, I would assume that means there is a license to do it. If that's the case, then no, you can't lose a custody battle for it.

To me it's like owning a gun around a child. If you have a license to carry, and you are following safety regulations, there is nothing the authorities or CPS can do. But if not, you're breaking the law, and can lose custody.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Erika_Wheeler09:

Erika_Wheeler09
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I'm not expert, but if the person growing has the license to do so, and its in a room that is kept locked at all times, then you should have knowing to worry about expescially if your not smoking it.

If everything is legal there shouldn't be any problems

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Erika_Wheeler09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erika_Wheeler09
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM
not trying to sounds bitchy, to each their own, but if you have already had problems with cps and you are worried it may happen again wouldn't you eliminate any possible risk of them having any thing to hold against you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)