• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you Interested??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just wanted to know if there were any women out there interested in Islam? Not necessarily wanting to convert to Islam (although that would be ok :)), But questions... In case anyone didn't know, Islam is the religion of Muslims... Any questions about Muslims???

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HayKay
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM
I've always been interested. I've learned a lot from this site and have done some independant research. I dated a muslim and I am catholic. He moved back to Jordan so we broke up, but he was the most honest man and I always felt like a princess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM
I do have one actually. What is traditionally done after a person dies? My best friend died in a car accident when we were 16. The days following his death are a little hazy to me to this day, but we were not told about or allowed to attend a funeral. I remember it seemed that it had to be done within a certain time period but don't remember why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I practiced Islam for quite some time but am always open to learning more :) converted Catholic now.

Muslimah1218
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I am happy that he made you feel that way... Dating in Islam is not allowed.. Just to clarify for those who don't know.

Muslim men are not what the Media portrays them to be... Mean, Beating there wives, opressing... None of that is true! In fact it is against our religion to beat and oppress.

Yes Muslim men is an Ideal man to be with. Again I am happy that he made you feel that way.

This is for HayKay :)

Muslimah1218
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I practiced Islam for quite some time but am always open to learning more :) converted Catholic now.

If you dont mind me asking.. Why didnt you go through with Islam, and why did you chose to convert to being Catholic.?

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Quoting Muslimah1218:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

If you dont mind me asking.. Why didnt you go through with Islam, and why did you chose to convert to being Catholic.?

Honestly? The man I was going to marry was Catholic. I took off my hijab the day I married him. I still miss it.

*** I am 20 year old former formula feeding turned breast feeding, disposable diaper using, anti-circumcising, bed sharing, baby "spoiling", homemade meal cooking, college educated, stay at home mother to two beautiful children, married to a wonderful man who is twice my age and an incredible husband and father. ***

Muslimah1218
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I do have one actually. What is traditionally done after a person dies? My best friend died in a car accident when we were 16. The days following his death are a little hazy to me to this day, but we were not told about or allowed to attend a funeral. I remember it seemed that it had to be done within a certain time period but don't remember why.

When a Muslim dies. He/She has to be buried in the state/city where they died at. Also a muslim has to be buried within 24 hours of death. When a Muslim dies we do use that Fluid stuff that ppl usually inject in dead bodies to preserve the dead bodies.. We dont believe in that. When it is time to be buried he/she has to be clothed in a white clothe, on there side facing east, Buried in a wooden box. Typically a Muslim funeral would cost no more that around 300 Bucks. Versus the average of thousands!

Muslimah1218
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting Muslimah1218:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Honestly? The man I was going to marry was Catholic. I took off my hijab the day I married him. I still miss it.

If you miss it, then maybe you should wear it...

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Quoting Muslimah1218:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting Muslimah1218:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I'd love to, in all seriousness. I don't think I would ever be accepted. This area is almost primarily Catholic and the very few Muslim women here only come out at night and are shunned. It seems like such a lonely life.

*** I am 20 year old former formula feeding turned breast feeding, disposable diaper using, anti-circumcising, bed sharing, baby "spoiling", homemade meal cooking, college educated, stay at home mother to two beautiful children, married to a wonderful man who is twice my age and an incredible husband and father. ***

Muslimah1218
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting Muslimah1218:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting Muslimah1218:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I'd love to, in all seriousness. I don't think I would ever be accepted. This area is almost primarily Catholic and the very few Muslim women here only come out at night and are shunned. It seems like such a lonely life.

You will be accepted. Accepted by Allah (God). You are suppose to fear Allah and Allah only.  Who cares what people say, or think. Also you wont be lonely. You are never alone. I love being Muslim and wouldnt change it.. And Islam is something you know and believe, then you should follow it. The Quran states that if you turn your back on the truth (his word) then you will be chastised for it. Just something to think about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)