Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girl, pull yourself together, for your DAUGHTER'S sake

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I'm posting anon, because I don't know if the girl I'm talking about it on here.

Let's call her "M". M has a 2 year old daughter, who we will call "K". When K was about 6 months old, she started dating a guy. He was on the run from the cops for assault and battery with a deadly weapon, as well as multiple parole violations. K's father got wind of the relationship, and (rightfully so) didn't want his daughter exposed to that type of man. So he got knowledge of where they were staying, and sent the police to find him. M's boyfriend is now looking at 15 years in prison IF he takes the plea bargain they are offering. If he doesn't, and they take it to court, and he is found guilty (which he will be, because he's been in and out of jail since he was 17), he's facing 25-life.

M has stayed with him through the last year of him being in jail awaiting trial. She claims she loves him, and that he's the best thing to ever happen to her. She gets PA, and sends her daughter to government paid daycare while she sits at home on her ass. She makes every excuse possible why she CAN'T get a job and do better for her daughter, and then puts on facebook that people need to stay out of her life and about how GREAT of a mother she is. It's constant drama with her. She wants me to get her in at my job, and I flat out told her NO. I don't want to put in a good word for a girl who will probably make me look bad.

Today she put this on FB:"I tried and I over did it, I think cuz u don't appreciate me and think im a joke.. I should do the unthinkable & all the pain in my heart will go away.. damn I really love you like no tomorrow;-( im such an idiot."

I feel terrible for this girl's daughter. Her mother cares more about her scumbag of a "boyfriend" (who is facing a possible LIFE SENTENCE) than she does about her own daughter's well-being. Talking about killing herself (which is what I assume "the unthinkable" means, over a guy? What about your poor little girl who will be left without a mother? Do you even think about that little girl, who you are always claiming is the "love of your life"? Or do you only think about this relationship that will NEVER lead anywhere?

Makes me feel so terrible for that little girl. She deserves more from her life than a mother who cares more about a man than she does about her.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't let my 6 month old date a guy on the run from the cops...just sayin.

" When K was about 6 months old, she started dating a guy. He was on the run from the cops"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

" When K was about 6 months old, she started dating a guy. He was on the run from the cops"

LOL...c'mon now, you know what I meant!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Lol I know I know, just giving playful shit lol. Have you talked to your friend about how you feel?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM

She's not really a "friend". K's father has a 12 y/o son with a good friend of mine, so I met her at the boy's birthday party a few years back, when her daughter was still only a few months old. She's a very hot headed (and clearly over-emotional) girl, and I don't know how to approach it. I think I'm better off unsubscribing to her statuses so I don't have to read them anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I know I know, just giving playful shit lol. Have you talked to your friend about how you feel?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Oooh! Uh yeah, or just delete her, she sounds emotionally unstable! I try and stay away from the crazies lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's not really a "friend". K's father has a 12 y/o son with a good friend of mine, so I met her at the boy's birthday party a few years back, when her daughter was still only a few months old. She's a very hot headed (and clearly over-emotional) girl, and I don't know how to approach it. I think I'm better off unsubscribing to her statuses so I don't have to read them anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)