• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you plan on getting in shape?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:27 PM
  • 59 Replies
A lot of my friends have offered to take me to the gym as a guest, but never follow through. My sister is 16 yrs old and is barely starting to lose her gut she's had since she was a baby. She is 5'10 and I think she said she's like 150lbs, I'm 5'3 and last weigh in at OB I was 157. She was in softball but got bored of it, I think I'm going to ask her to be my weight loss buddy after I have this baby! Nothing like your sister who thinks your beautiful no matter what to keep you motivated! My plan is eating healthy and a bit more exercise than running after 3 toddlers. How do you plan on getting in shape?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am going to start back to the gym on Tuesday and go every morning to run and maybe take a class. I don't really feel the need to lose weight but to be healthier for my kids.

Exercise helps relieve my periods and my stress level as well, so it is a win-win for me!

DomoniqueWS
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I work out almost every day and eat within my BMR.  

itsm3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:49 PM

eat healthy and exercise... the only way to do it right.

Naegore
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I am working first on my discipline with food, then on the amount I eat. Then I will work on the kinds of foods I eat. All the while I am establishing a workout program that fits my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phrenicfire89
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM

this is what I am helping my DH with, its working! I think in the past year he has lost 20 lbs! Not a lot, but he isnt really too overweight, just really unhealthy and only 22, I expect him to be around for quite a few more decades lol. Yay for your plan!

woohoo

Quoting Naegore:

I am working first on my discipline with food, then on the amount I eat. Then I will work on the kinds of foods I eat. All the while I am establishing a workout program that fits my life.

Naegore
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Well, thank ya!

Quoting phrenicfire89:

this is what I am helping my DH with, its working! I think in the past year he has lost 20 lbs! Not a lot, but he isnt really too overweight, just really unhealthy and only 22, I expect him to be around for quite a few more decades lol. Yay for your plan!

woohoo

Quoting Naegore:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to start the insanity workouts on the 21st!!  I hope I can do it.

carynleigh
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I'm trying TOPS now.... I knew I needed to do something (I weigh around 300lbs), but thanks to a stupid NutriSystem ad, I now have my motivation.  Last night my (5 year old) son, turned to me and said: "Mommy, I don't want you to be fat anymore".  I could cry that he is already thinking that.  Good luck, and friend me if you need someone to vent to or whatever.

nikki32230
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM
P90x
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I'm exercising just about every day and eating healthy. I have lost 2 lbs this week! A total of 4 lbs so far since being on my diet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)