Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion questions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you...

Options:

Had an abortion for medical reasons

Had an abortion(s) for non medical reasons

Have had abortion(s) for both medical and non medical reasons

Never had an abortion for any reason

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

Have you ever had an abortion? If so, how many have you had?

Would you ever have one for elective reasons, (IE cannot afford it, etc, I am NOT talking about an ectopic pregnancy or your baby is dying or something)?

Would you have one for non-elective reasons, like if the doctor says you will die, it is ectopic, would you be okay to have the abortion for that reason?

Do you get upset if someone says I have had an abortion or abortions? Would you still be friends with them? Would you want to tell them they are going to hell? Or are you okay being friends with them? Do you believe it is their body and therefore their choice?

If your child came to you and said they were pregnant, would you be okay with that? Would you disown your child? Would you love them? Would you try and force the child to have the baby? What if your child went behind your back and got the abortion anyway? Would they still be welcome in your home?

Could you ever consider adopting one of your children out if you didn't want to keep the baby? Or do you feel that it is sort of unfair to have to go through pregnancy to simply hand your baby to someone else? Which to you would be harder to deal with, an abortion or adopting your child out? Would you try to force your child to adopt their child if they were young and didn't want the baby?

Do you seriously get upset over women who have abortions? Do you cry about it? Do you stare at photos on the web of aborted babies?

Do you agree with late term abortion if you agree with abortion? Is late term the same as early abortion to you?

If you had an abortion and went on to have more kids later, does the abortion bother you? Have you told anyone about the abortion? Do you just keep it to yourself?

What type of abortion have you had if you have? Did you have a surgical abortion, did you have the one where you take the pills, did you get the morning after pill? Did you try something yourself to lose it?

If you could do it all over again would you still have the abortion or abortions? Any regrets?

For the people who do not agree with abortion, do what about rape? Do agree with rape? What about incest with rape involved? What about if a sister and brother have sex and both are willing participants? What about things like that?

Do you find people who have had abortions to be whores who open their legs for anyone? Or do you think it is possible their birth control failed?

Thank you for your input. I just want to know. Now... Please answer all the questions you can, and would you vote so I know the percentages? And feel FREE to use the anon button. I know a lot of you don't want ppl jumping on you and calling names. Everyone else, PLEASE REFRAIN from MAKING FUN OF ANYBODY. BE RESPECTFUL!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessie82087
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I didn't read your post, sorry. But I can get the general gist of what you're asking.

I've never had an abortion. But I would have an elective one if the situation arose and I felt it was the right decision. Right now, I just got promoted at my job, and I'm working to give my DS the best life possible. I can't say if I got a BFP tomorrow, what I would do. But I would consider abortion, because I want the best for my DS that is ALREADY HERE, and I don't know for sure that bringing another mouth to feed into our family would be what is best for him.

And I'm pro-choice. Your body, your life, your choice. I don't have to agree with your decision, but I will always support a woman's right to choose.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM

These are MY answers, the OP. thank you for your input here is mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever had an abortion? If so, how many have you had?

Yes 2.

Would you ever have one for elective reasons, (IE cannot afford it, etc, I am NOT talking about an ectopic pregnancy or your baby is dying or something)?

Yes and I did.

Would you have one for non-elective reasons, like if the doctor says you will die, it is ectopic, would you be okay to have the abortion for that reason?

If this happened, I would.

Do you get upset if someone says I have had an abortion or abortions? Would you still be friends with them? Would you want to tell them they are going to hell? Or are you okay being friends with them? Do you believe it is their body and therefore their choice?

No. Yes I would remain friends with them. No I would never say they are going to hell. I don't believe they are. Yes I am okay being friends with them. Yes, I believe their body = their choice.

If your child came to you and said they were pregnant, would you be okay with that? Would you disown your child? Would you love them? Would you try and force the child to have the baby? What if your child went behind your back and got the abortion anyway? Would they still be welcome in your home?

Yes. No I would never disown my child. Yes I would love them. No I would not force my child to have the baby. I would hope my child would come to me but I would not be so angry. My child will always be welcome in my home.

Could you ever consider adopting one of your children out if you didn't want to keep the baby? Or do you feel that it is sort of unfair to have to go through pregnancy to simply hand your baby to someone else? Which to you would be harder to deal with, an abortion or adopting your child out? Would you try to force your child to adopt their child if they were young and didn't want the baby?

No I would never adopt out my child. I think it is unfair to go through a preg. just to have to give a child away. Adoption would be harder for me personally. I would not try and force my child to do anything it is their body not mine.

Do you seriously get upset over women who have abortions? Do you cry about it? Do you stare at photos on the web of aborted babies?

No. I do not stare at photos.

Do you agree with late term abortion if you agree with abortion? Is late term the same as early abortion to you?

No, I do not agree with late term abortions and to me it is not the same thing. One is a fetus one is a baby.

If you had an abortion and went on to have more kids later, does the abortion bother you? Have you told anyone about the abortion? Do you just keep it to yourself?

My abortions do not bother me even though I have kids. Yes my dh knows. No I tell people who are close.

What type of abortion have you had if you have? Did you have a surgical abortion, did you have the one where you take the pills, did you get the morning after pill? Did you try something yourself to lose it?

Both of mine were surgical. I never tried to do it myself.

If you could do it all over again would you still have the abortion or abortions? Any regrets?

No regrets here, and yes i would do it again if I had too.

For the people who do not agree with abortion, do what about rape? Do agree with rape? What about incest with rape involved? What about if a sister and brother have sex and both are willing participants? What about things like that?

I agree with abortions so this does not pertain to me.

Do you find people who have had abortions to be whores who open their legs for anyone? Or do you think it is possible their birth control failed?

No I do not find them whores. My birth control failed 2x.

Thank you for your input. I just want to know. Now... Please answer all the questions you can, and would you vote so I know the percentages? And feel FREE to use the anon button. I know a lot of you don't want ppl jumping on you and calling names. Everyone else, PLEASE REFRAIN from MAKING FUN OF ANYBODY. BE RESPECTFUL!!

I voted.

cillaluvsmali
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I would never have an abortion. That is my life and my business Idc about anyone elses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Okay well please explain if there are too many questions. Thanks!

reese1206
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Never have had one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomoniqueWS
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I never have had an abortion.  I am Pro-Choice.  I do Hope one will never be necessary for me.  I have had family and friends who have had abortions and I do not pass judgement onto them.  If I had a kid who wanted one I'd just make sure she is educated and can make a decision based off of that.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I have never had an abortion. The ONLY way I would EVER have one is if a Dr. told me that the pregnancy would kill me. In that case, I probably would have one, because I have other children that need me to be Mommy.

I do get upset when someone says they have had an abortion. Unless, it is medically necessary for that person to have one, I don't think abortion should ever be an option. One of my friends, from high school, had an abortion. She told me that she regretted it. Then, about 2 moths after that, she got pregnant agina and aborted twins. So, she aborted 3 babies! I am disguisted to even be around her, because of what she done. I would never tell her that she is going to hell, although I often think it.

If my child came to me and was pregnant, I would try my best to make sure that she keeps the baby. I would never disown my child though, even if she decidd to get an abortion. It would take a VERY long time for me to get over it, but I would still love her and be there or her.

If I had to chose only between abortion or adoption, I would choose adopton hands down! I would rather go into a room and hand my baby over to a loving couple than to go into a room and have my baby extracted from my body and die. I do NOT stare at aborted fetus's on the computer. I have seen a few pictures(because my husband did an abortion powerpoint for college) and it made me sick. It makes me even more disguisted at the people who abort innocent babies. I think to myself "How can a person do that? How can a person intentionally end the life of an innocent child?" It makes NO sense to me!

As far as rape, I would HAVE TO be on that situation to know for sure what I would do. I like to think that I would either keep the baby or at least give it to a couple who will love and take care of it. But, unless in that situation, I cannot say for sure what decision I would make.

I will not say that I think people who have had abortion are whores. But, the ones,like my friend, are careless and stupid. She JUST had an abortion like 2 months earlier. She should've known better. But, instead killed 3 babies!

Why are you asking SO many questions? What's the curiosity about?

I doubt this post will be all "respectful".

peachesforme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I have never had an abortion and I disagree with it.  My best friend is pro choice but I am still friends with her and care about her very much.  Abortion is something we don't talk about because we don't agree on it and care too much about each other to want to upset the other.  If it's for medical reasons or rape, that's a whole different scenario, and I can't judge someone for 1. getting preg thru no fault of their own thru rape 2. having a medical problem that is life threatening or debilitating.  I've never been in that position and hope I never am but if I happened to get preg thru rape, I personally still could not kill the baby, that's just me.  The baby is an innocent consequence that did nothing wrong, but I couldn't tell someone whose been raped they shouldn't abort, since they never chose to have sex, thus, never chose the consequences.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Had 1 abortion.  Completely elective.  I was not ready to be a parent and the father was a tool.  It was a surgical abortion.  Chemical abortion was not available at that time.

I have no issue with anyone who aborts for any reason.  Every situation is different and only the person facing it can ever understand.

If my child became pregnant, I would support her in any choice she made that she felt was good for her.  I would let her know what her options are and educate her as best I can (medical info and legalities), and the rest would be up to her.

I have surrendered a child for adoption.  I have no kind words about how adoption is handled currently.  It is emotionally torturous, IMO, no matter how good the intentions are.  I will abort again if I ever become pregnant again.  Adoption will not even be a thought or option.

Nope, doesn't bother me.  It was right for me at that time and I would not change it.

Most who bash have no clue what a woman goes through when dealing with such a decision.  They have blanket answers for every possible situation and often fail to see the damage that other options can sometimes lead to (but hey, the baby makes it through the birth canal, who cares what happens after that).

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I have had an ectopic.  Not sure why you lump that in with abortion.  Is there another option to removal?  THe pregnancy can not be moved and I was hemorrhaging. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)